The Federation of Politiania is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Rafael Caldera with an iron fist, and renowned for its barren, inhospitable landscape, sprawling nuclear power plants, and punitive income tax rates. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless population of 11.568 billion Politianians are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The medium-sized, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Industry, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Caracas. The average income tax rate is 87.3%.
The frighteningly efficient Politianian economy, worth a remarkable 5,263 trillion Bolivars a year, is broadly diversified and mostly comprised of black market activity, especially in Arms Manufacturing, Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Retail. Average income is an amazing 455,034 Bolivars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.3 times as much as the poorest.
Recapturing giraffes is proving to be a tall order, stockbrokers dream of getting rich by writing textbooks, Politianians believe manners maketh the leader, and fifty years of pension funds can disappear in half a second. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Politiania's national animal is the Cheetah, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is Atheism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Politiania voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Voting Equality for Freed Inmates"".
- : Politiania was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Influential.
- : Politiania voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Digital Network Defense"".
- : Following new legislation in Politiania, fifty years of pension funds can disappear in half a second.
- : Following new legislation in Politiania, Politianians believe manners maketh the leader.
- : Following new legislation in Politiania, stockbrokers dream of getting rich by writing textbooks.
- : Following new legislation in Politiania, recapturing giraffes is proving to be a tall order.
- : Following new legislation in Politiania, soldiers are "encouraged" to advance by armed officers behind them.
- : Politiania published "Modern Politianian Military" (Factbook: Military).
- : Politiania voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Dilber".