Improving the World One Resolution at a Time
The oldest Council of the World Assembly, the General Assembly concerns itself with international law. Its resolutions are applied immediately upon passing in all WA member nations.
Resolution At Vote
General Assembly Resolution At Vote
A resolution to restrict civil freedoms in the interest of moral decency.
Category: Moral Decency
Proposed by: Honeydewistania
The World Assembly,
ACKNOWLEDGING that sports such as bullfighting, cockfighting and dogfighting are popular amongst member nations;
HORRIFIED that in most of these cases at least one of the participants in such competitions is forced to participate, usually resulting in their death or serious injury;
BELIEVING that, for the safety and protection of all sentient beings, legislation in the form of a General Assembly resolution is needed to prevent such cruel and barbaric practices;
1. Defines a "blood sport" as a form of entertainment involving two or more living beings in which the aim is to injure or kill the opponent, not including hunting of non-sapient creatures;
2. Prohibits all forms of blood sports in which one or more of the participants did not provide consent;
3. Prohibits all forms of blood sports in which the aim is to kill the opponent, despite consent;
4. Requires member states to relocate all captive former sapient blood sport participants to a safe and healthy rehabilitative environment, such as their natural habitat, where they will not destroy the environment, be harmed or harm others;
5. Encourages member states to relocate all captive former non-sapient blood sport participants to a safe and healthy rehabilitative environment, such as their natural habitat, where they will not destroy the environment, be harmed or harm others;
6. Encourages members states to humanely put down non-sapient creatures groomed for blood sports if rehabilitation is not possible.
Debate this resolution in the General Assembly forum.
The General Assembly resolution Military Identification Tag Act was passed 18,296 votes to 3,235, and implemented in all WA member nations.
Proposals are suggestions for resolutions. Any WA member nation with at least two endorsements may make a proposal, which, if it gains the necessary support, will become a resolution.