The Democratic Republic of Kingdom of Mendistan is a huge, safe nation, remarkable for its compulsory military service, frequent executions, and suspicion of poets. The hard-working population of 524 million Mendistanis are highly moralistic and fiercely conservative, in the sense that they tend to believe most things should be outlawed. People who have good jobs and work quietly at them are lauded; others are viewed with suspicion.
The relatively small government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Education. The average income tax rate is 12.6%.
The Mendistanian economy, worth 30.6 trillion Euros a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Automobile Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Furniture Restoration, Uranium Mining, and Door-to-door Insurance Sales. Average income is 58,362 Euros, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.7 times as much as the poorest.
Religious turf wars have caused frustrated police to pray for divine intervention, the public transport system has been eliminated, giggling teens are asked to put their mouths on rubber dolls, and edutainment video games are taking Kingdom of Mendistan's students to the next level. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Kingdom of Mendistan's national animal is the Lion.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Kingdom of Mendistan's influence in Balder rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Kingdom of Mendistan's influence in Balder rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Kingdom of Mendistan's influence in Balder rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Kingdom of Mendistan's influence in Balder rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Kingdom of Mendistan altered its national flag.
- : Kingdom of Mendistan was refounded in Balder.
- : Kingdom of Mendistan ceased to exist in Amalgamated Federation.
- : Kingdom of Mendistan's influence in Amalgamated Federation fell from "Truckler" to "Vassal".
- : Kingdom of Mendistan's influence in Amalgamated Federation rose from "Vassal" to "Truckler".
- : Kingdom of Mendistan was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Automobile Manufacturing Sector.