|Leader||Queen Ava of Nightingale|
The Medical Dictatorship of HMS NHS is a huge, orderly nation, ruled by Queen Ava of Nightingale with an iron fist, and renowned for its otherworldly petting zoo, frequent executions, and infamous sell-swords. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 977 million Patients are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The medium-sized, corrupt, moralistic, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Nightingale. The average income tax rate is 56.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Patientien economy, worth 116 trillion Viruses a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Uranium Mining, and Retail. Black market activity is frequent. Average income is an impressive 118,861 Viruses, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.4 times as much as the poorest.
Sailors spend their shore leave helping old ladies cross the street, cities are engulfed by smog, The Very Hungry Caterpillar has been banned for advocating gluttony, and the full weight of the law is being applied against hate speech. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. HMS NHS's national animal is the Guinea Pig, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : HMS NHS was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Mining Sector.
- : HMS NHS voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Northern Borland".
- : Following new legislation in HMS NHS, the full weight of the law is being applied against hate speech.
- : HMS NHS published "Motion to Implement the Confederate Exchange Rate Act 2020" (Bulletin: Policy).
- : Following new legislation in HMS NHS, The Very Hungry Caterpillar has been banned for advocating gluttony.
- : Following new legislation in HMS NHS, cities are engulfed by smog.
- : Following new legislation in HMS NHS, sailors spend their shore leave helping old ladies cross the street.
- : HMS NHS lodged a message on the Confederation of Corrupt Dictators Regional Message Board.
- : Following new legislation in HMS NHS, top-shelf magazines feature risqué centrefold spreads of ladies' wrists.
- : HMS NHS endorsed The Corvidae's Black Shadow of RavenShade.
Endorsements Received: 29 » ShrewLlamaLand, Kleptocratic Maniacs, Jefferson Club, The Yeetusa, VlaRiSsiA, West Heisen, Feuraxia, Panthera Order, Aeioux, Deman Kalan, Asukaz, The Dixie Confederate Union, Hellslayer, Fetra, The Destroyers of Christianity, Slothsne, Zicona, New England INC, Hunem, YoKrToN, Jocospor, Russian States of Eurasia, Depackya, New Sparta Ascendancy, Savage Bunnies, Greater Dragunovia, Union of War-Forged Nations, Montanare, and Calarite State.