The Dictatorship of Gnassingbe Empire is a tiny, orderly nation, renowned for its compulsory military service and restrictive gun laws. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, devout population of 14 million Togolese are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The large, moralistic, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Spirituality, Law & Order, and Defense. The average income tax rate is 50.0%.
The Togolese economy, worth 639 billion slaves a year, is quite specialized and mostly made up of the Trout Farming industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Door-to-door Insurance Sales, and Beef-Based Agriculture. Average income is 45,704 slaves, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.7 times as much as the poorest.
Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Gnassingbe Empire's national animal is the beninese, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Gnassingbe Empire's influence in Region of dissenting Users of NS rose from "Vassal" to "Truckler".
- : The Free Land of Erianu appointed Gnassingbe Empire as Trans-Togo Wholesome Chungus Officer with authority over Appearance, Communications, Embassies, and Polls in Region of dissenting Users of NS.
- : Gnassingbe Empire's influence in Region of dissenting Users of NS rose from "Zero" to "Vassal".
- : Gnassingbe Empire lodged a message on the Region of dissenting Users of NS Regional Message Board.
- : Gnassingbe Empire relocated from The Pacific to Region of dissenting Users of NS.
- : Gnassingbe Empire's influence in The Pacific rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Gnassingbe Empire changed its national demonym to "Togolese" and its demonym adjective to "Togolese".
- : Gnassingbe Empire altered its national flag.
- : Gnassingbe Empire published "anti togo aktion" (Factbook: Politics).
- : Gnassingbe Empire's influence in The Pacific rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".