|Leader||Frenando Casimiro the VIII|
The United Iberian Kingdoms of Close-Lands is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by Frenando Casimiro the VIII with an iron fist, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls, smutty television, and stringent health and safety legislation. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 2.081 billion Close-Landians are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The medium-sized, corrupt, well-organized government prioritizes Defense, with Education, Industry, and Healthcare also on the agenda. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Madrid. The average income tax rate is 72.3%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Close-Landian economy, worth 299 trillion pesetas a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Tourism, and Beef-Based Agriculture. Black market activity is extensive. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 144,069 pesetas, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
New urban roads are threatening city parks, coffee-addicted citizens look forward to baristas getting their name wrong at local coffee shops, students do more community service than homework, and the Close-Landian war navy contains an oddly large number of luxury yachts and cruise liners. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Close-Lands's national animal is the Bull, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Christianity.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Close-Lands, the Close-Landian war navy contains an oddly large number of luxury yachts and cruise liners.
- : Close-Lands was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Scientifically Advanced and the Top 10% for Longest Average Lifespans.
- : Close-Lands's influence in Soviet Democracy fell from "Truckler" to "Vassal".
- : Close-Lands's influence in Soviet Democracy rose from "Vassal" to "Truckler".
- : Following new legislation in Close-Lands, students do more community service than homework.
- : Close-Lands lodged a message on the Soviet Democracy Regional Message Board.
- : Following new legislation in Close-Lands, coffee-addicted citizens look forward to baristas getting their name wrong at local coffee shops.
- : Following new legislation in Close-Lands, new urban roads are threatening city parks.
- : Following new legislation in Close-Lands, the nation's politicians are known more for the internet memes they spawn than any of their accomplishments.
- : Following new legislation in Close-Lands, hymns sung by popular choirs top the billboard charts.