The Ahwazian State of Al-Ahwaz is a massive, orderly nation, notable for its sprawling nuclear power plants, state-planned economy, and restrictive gun laws. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 1.232 billion abstain are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."
The enormous, moralistic, socially-minded, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Ahwaz. The average income tax rate is 72.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but stagnant nay economy, worth 19.9 trillion Khuzestans a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Beef-Based Agriculture industry, with significant contributions from Retail, Automobile Manufacturing, and Furniture Restoration. Average income is 16,159 Khuzestans, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Nations around the region are recognising Gingerbeard as the new leader of Brasilistan, disadvantaged neighbourhoods have become no-go areas after sundown, protesters are up in arms over new nuclear power stations, and the recital of citations that follows any political speech can be longer than the speech itself. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Al-Ahwaz's national animal is the Ahwaz, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Al-Ahwaz's influence in Cities fell from "Superpower" to "Power".
- : Al-Ahwaz's influence in Cities fell from "Dominator" to "Superpower".
- : Al-Ahwaz was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Income Equality and Most Authoritarian and the Top 10% for Most Conservative, Most Ignorant Citizens, and Most Extreme.
- : Al-Ahwaz's influence in Cities fell from "Hermit" to "Dominator".
- : Al-Ahwaz's influence in Cities rose from "Zero" to "Hermit".
- : Al-Ahwaz relocated from Lazarus to Cities.
- : Al-Ahwaz was refounded in Lazarus.
- : Al-Ahwaz ceased to exist in Cities of the World.
- : Al-Ahwaz's influence in Cities of the World rose from "Envoy" to "Diplomat".
- : Al-Ahwaz's influence in Cities of the World fell from "Diplomat" to "Envoy".