by Max Barry

Latest Forum Topics

Advertisement

The Democratic Union RMB

WA Delegate: None.

Founder: The Democratic Republic of New Sofstakand

Last WA Update:

Board Activity History Admin Rank

Nudest: 822nd Most Inclusive: 2,185th Most Cheerful Citizens: 2,301st+2
Largest Black Market: 2,529th Best Weather: 2,561st
World Factbook Entry

Welcome to The Democratic Union


Important links: LinkDiscord | Region Guide | Citizenship Application | Join the Government | Constitution | Parliament | Court | Library and Laws | Political Parties

We are a new region founded under the principles of democracy, liberty and justice. Anyone is welcome, and everyone's equal.

Get involved by:


News:
  • The first edition of our regional newspaper, The Union Post, has been published. Ask Terttia about writing for the next one!


  1. 7

    The Democratic Union Regional Guide

    MetaReference by East Meranopirus . 311 reads.

  2. 2

    The Union Post Issue One

    BulletinNews by Terttia . 42 reads.

  3. 1

    Library of the Democratic Union

    FactbookHistory by New Sofstakand . 176 reads.

  4. 5

    The Union - November 2019

    BulletinNews by East Meranopirus . 164 reads.

  5. 1

    Citizenship Application for The Democratic Union

    MetaReference by New Sofstakand . 448 reads.

  6. 18

    Constitution of The Democratic Union

    BulletinPolicy by New Sofstakand . 875 reads.

  7. 2

    Citizens of The Democratic Union

    MetaReference by New Sofstakand . 131 reads.

  8. 3

    Tips on RMB etiquette

    MetaReference by East Meranopirus . 74 reads.

  9. 1

    TDU Executive Staff

    MetaReference by East Meranopirus . 293 reads.

▼ 6 More

Embassies: Caer Sidi, New West Indies, Capitalist Paradise, Oatland, The Glorious Nations of Iwaku, Yuno, Federation of Conservative Nations, The Democratic Republic of Freedom, Greater Middle East, The Revolutionary Communist Alliance, Roman Byzantine Union, United States of America, The United Ascendancy, Union of Free Nations, The United Empires of Carson, Urana Firma, and 9 others.Codex Ylvus, United Christian Empires of the West, International Debating Area, Allied Conservative States, India, Raxulan Empire, Liberty Democratic Alliance, Union of Democrats, and Laraniem.

Tags: Anti-Fascist, Capitalist, Conservative, Democratic, Free Trade, Game Player, General Assembly, Independent, Liberal, Minuscule, Offsite Chat, Regional Government, and 4 others.Role Player, Serious, Social, and World Assembly.

The Democratic Union contains 4 nations.

Today's World Census Report

The Largest Publishing Industry in The Democratic Union

The World Census tallied social media complaints from students regarding overpriced textbooks to determine which nations have the largest book publishing industries.

As a region, The Democratic Union is ranked 3,657th in the world for Largest Publishing Industry.

NationWA CategoryMotto
1.The Republic of Nu CaliforniaLeft-Leaning College State“From Many, One”
2.The Republic of DochmanarystandInoffensive Centrist Democracy“Strength Through Freedom”
3.The Democratic Republic of New SofstakandInoffensive Centrist Democracy“We Will Endure”
4.The Holy Blue Cows' Heaven of East MeranopirusCivil Rights Lovefest“NationStates”

Regional Happenings

More...

The Democratic Union Regional Message Board

Girada wrote:But I don't think Terttia is in our region anymore.

Correct. I reached out and found out that that won't be a viable avenue. Well then, we just need full cooperation!

And approximately 4 days to plan and about 2-3 days to execute.

The Red Shinobi wrote:And approximately 4 days to plan and about 2-3 days to execute.

Ok, so when will we do it.

Girada wrote:Ok, so when will we do it.

I'd like to think the best time would be Tuesday since that's the 28 day mark and presumably the founder would die off at that point. Only a proposal. Nations are welcome in The Guardian Patriot Alliance while we wait for refounding.

The Red Shinobi wrote:I'd like to think the best time would be Tuesday since that's the 28 day mark and presumably the founder would die off at that point. Only a proposal. Nations are welcome in The Guardian Patriot Alliance while we wait for refounding.

Ok, seems fine with me.

We can begin the exodus at any time now. The only we run into is that approximately 4 nations may not know what the plan is since they've been inactive for 3-10 days. So, that means we could be waiting a couple of weeks for them either to die or move elsewhere (and hopefully move back). The longer we have to wait, the more risk we incur in the event that the founder revives and returns. Best case is that this time next week, we're all moving back here. Several variants on a worst case scenario too. Most likely case, to me, is that we're waiting for approximately three weeks for the region to clear out and then we can come back and get to work.

I'd urge you not to be despondent or grow demoralized over that timeframe. Even downtime like that can be productive as we look to begin anew with a new plan for the direction of the region. We can use that time to build a new charter/constitution, build a foreign policy plan, reinvent how we govern ourselves and communicate away from the RMB.

I'm rooting for this place and for you. In the meantime, since I take ownership for this idea, I will make the first move out of the region and wait for the appropriate time to return and hopefully see Girada (as we have agreed) as this region's new founder going forward. The DU will win.

Farewell for a moment. I will be returning to The Guardian Patriot Alliance and all are welcomed there until we make the next step forward.

Godspeed.

The Red Shinobi wrote:We can begin the exodus at any time now. The only we run into is that approximately 4 nations may not know what the plan is since they've been inactive for 3-10 days. So, that means we could be waiting a couple of weeks for them either to die or move elsewhere (and hopefully move back). The longer we have to wait, the more risk we incur in the event that the founder revives and returns. Best case is that this time next week, we're all moving back here. Several variants on a worst case scenario too. Most likely case, to me, is that we're waiting for approximately three weeks for the region to clear out and then we can come back and get to work.

I'd urge you not to be despondent or grow demoralized over that timeframe. Even downtime like that can be productive as we look to begin anew with a new plan for the direction of the region. We can use that time to build a new charter/constitution, build a foreign policy plan, reinvent how we govern ourselves and communicate away from the RMB.

I'm rooting for this place and for you. In the meantime, since I take ownership for this idea, I will make the first move out of the region and wait for the appropriate time to return and hopefully see Girada (as we have agreed) as this region's new founder going forward. The DU will win.

Farewell for a moment. I will be returning to The Guardian Patriot Alliance and all are welcomed there until we make the next step forward.

Godspeed.

I guess this sets the plan in motion

Wtf where is everyone?

Greetings,

I am the Minister of Foreign Affairs in Liberty Democratic Alliance. I am contacting you as we are allied regions, and we share the same beloved values espescially democracy.
This is why I am officially inviting you to join our region. Together, we will be stronger. If you accept, we will lift the residency requirements and you will be eligible for political offices straight away.
I count on you. Together, we will be stronger to defend these values.
Thank you.

As your friend France Europe proposed, I would echo the same sentiment.

All of your friends from this region realized the end times for The Democratic Union was near and re-established themselves in the Alliance of Democratic States. Home is where your family is and the ADS is that home. We have just established a democratically-elected regional government and this is a land full of opportunity and growth and gameplay.

Come to the ADS. Come home.

-Gibligan, an emissary of The Red Shinobi

Forum View

Advertisement