WA Delegate (non-executive): The United Mangrove Archipelago of Ransium (elected )
Last WA Update:
Embassies: Yggdrasil, Philosophy 115, Europe, the Rejected Realms, The North Pacific, the South Pacific, 10000 Islands, International Democratic Union, Oatland, Democratic Socialist Assembly, Hippy Haven, Haiku, The Federation of Anarchist Communes, Texas, Canada, Portugal, and 19 others.Spiritus, Eladen, Singapore, Winterfell, The Region That Has No Big Banks, Antarctica, Antarctic Oasis, The Bar on the corner of every region, A Liberal Haven, Union of Free Nations, Sunalaya, Futaba Aoi, New Western Atlantic, Conch Kingdom, The Leftist Assembly, Conifer, Sonindia, Wintreath, and Pacifica.
Regional Power: Very High
Today's World Census Report
The Largest Mining Sector in Forest
World Census experts measured the volume of stuff removed from the ground to determine which nations have the largest mining industries.
As a region, Forest is ranked 10,832nd in the world for Largest Mining Sector.
|1.||The Social Darwinist Imperium of The Ascendant Hive||Iron Fist Consumerists||“What Crota began, I complete. My will... conquers all!”|
|2.||The Aristocracy of Woodfall Swamp||Inoffensive Centrist Democracy||“All Hail The King”|
|3.||The Irradiated Badlands of Drasnia||Anarchy||“My cow is not pretty, but it is pretty to me.”|
|4.||The Christian Republic of Idoho||Iron Fist Consumerists||“Long live Idoho”|
|5.||The One That Got Away of Seagull||Corporate Police State||“Money does rule the world”|
|6.||The Elite WA Overlady of Lord Dominator||Corporate Police State||“Fire Cures Everything”|
|7.||The March of Progress of Candlewhisper Archive||Capitalist Paradise||“10% off beauty goods. Because You're Worth It.”|
|8.||The Dictatorship of Theennerla Island||Corporate Police State||“You Can't Stop Progress”|
|9.||The Conflagration of Joerombie||Libertarian Police State||“To Swerve and Defect”|
|10.||The Gooses Vaterland of The Geeses Commonwealth of Goosedom||Psychotic Dictatorship||“Die Gänse Über Alles”|
- : The People's Communitarian Union of New Kvenland departed this region for Turenn.
- : Madjo ceased to exist.
- : The Republic of Peigan arrived from The South Pacific.
- : Dogwood valley ceased to exist.
- : The Kawaii Potoroo Habitats of Errinundera updated the World Factbook entry.
- : The Magical Land of Zongongia arrived from The Associated States of the Oort Cloud.
- : The Democratic Confederation of Alpine Republics arrived from Balder.
- : The Community of Awhaiti Kaiatu arrived from The North Pacific.
- : Lithun ceased to exist.
- : The blackweald ceased to exist.
Forest Regional Message Board
I also have a question for Turbeaux regarding their dispatch:
1. Concerning the council of advisors, while you said this would not be a cabinet-level ministry, would the council be simply something created only for the duration of your term, or something you see becoming a permanent institution in Forest?
1. As I understand, during every Forest Keeper race, the question of Forest's role in NS gameplay always appears. As has been asked in the past, what are your thoughts on the current state of Forest in foreign affairs, and do you believe anything should change? I know there is always a debate over whether Forest should seek to take a larger, or smaller, role in gameplay affairs.
2. Following past scandals in the gameplay community, like the allegations that surfaced against the New Pacific Order only a few months ago, how will you safeguard Forest's neutrality in these conflicts, or do you believe our region should move away from a position of neutrality?
3. Would there be any regions you believe Forest should form a closer bond with? How would you seek to achieve this? Following this, do you believe there are any regions Forest should withdrawal their embassy from?
4. Finally, concerning the "Constitutional Change on Embassies" submitted by Mount Seymour, would you continue to support this change to the constitution? Why, or why not?
Hey! My puppet has voting rights - as "prescribed" by Clause 4.6.
Don't worry. I've never - nor has my puppet - voted or endorsed any nation in any Forest Keeper election. I'm also grateful that I've never had to invoke Clause 4.6. What's more, I want to have a good relationship with whomsoever becomes Forest Keeper. Displaying a partiality isn't going to help that.
1. The whole situation with LUCRA was clearly handled very badly by them, and the government's response to someone posting transphobic and antisemetic stuff on discord was pretty awful. While I doubt that Forest would handle such an incident as badly, do you personally have any thoughts on how to ensure Forest's response to such an incident is robust, or do you feel our current way of doing things is sufficient?
2. Looking forward six months from now. What would you consider a win? Are there any particular things that you feel Forest could be doing better?
3. What would your preferred government look like? Are you planning any major changes in terms of nations or positions? If so, or if not, why?
I briefly introduced myself on discord, but for those who didn't read it I'll do the same here. First things first, I'm not new to NationStates. I've been playing off and on since 2014, so I won't be needing any help navigating the website. I created this nation as my new main because I was feeling over-stressed with school and work, and I just wanted to move away from activity, such as debating regional politics, participating in raids, and among other things that only distracted me from my life outside of the internet. Which is why I moved here, I knew that Forest was much more laid back than other regions. Here I can play the game casually and occasionally participate in discussions, but I don't have to make it a daily thing. Now to introduce myself politically, the best word to describe me is probably just liberal and occasional social democrat depending on the issue (IE, I support universal healthcare and environmental protection/regulation).
Here's my political compass if you care about such a thing (personally I think it's just a meme and doesn't accurately portray ideology)
Well anyways I hope I will enjoy everyone's company and I always love a good conversation.
Welcome aboard, Peigan! Glad to have you joining us here in Forest. We are indeed a more laid back sort of region than many. There definitely is still appreciation for political debate and the like, but it is more spaced out, and tends to occur via multi-paragraph treatises rather than soundbites.