by Max Barry

Latest Forum Topics

Advertisement

Equilism Board

Search

Search

[+] Advanced...

Author:

Region:

Sort:

«12. . .553554555556557558559. . .583584»

Bruh I don't even have one, and I need extra to increase my influence. I need that influence.

Tres Fleures wrote:You are only entitled to one endorsement. You are not our elected delegate.

It's 10 max, not 1 :P

Bah, these "Vote FOR" and "Vote AGAINST" telegrams are so tedious.

Isaris wrote:It's 10 max, not 1 :P

You're allowed 10. You're only entitled to 1.

Whoa buddy I don't even have ONE yet.You can give it to me now. I'll be waiting for it

Tarricoe wrote:Whoa buddy I don't even have ONE yet.You can give it to me now. I'll be waiting for it

There you go. Enjoy your new banner.

I feel like what this region really needs more than anything else is a highly skilled disc jockey who can bring the people together with classic hits from the 60s through 80s. Who is with me?

Tarricoe wrote:Whoa buddy I don't even have ONE yet.

I'd endorse you, but Max won't let me do cross-region endorsement. :P

6 days ago: Tarricoe changed its national demonym adjective to "Tarriconian" and its nation type to "Westwindies".

Nice pre-title!

Alexanderian Macedonia wrote:I feel like what this region really needs more than anything else is a highly skilled disc jockey who can bring the people together with classic hits from the 60s through 80s. Who is with me?

We could import Karaoke Friday from TWP. Once upon a time, a long, long, long time ago, Westwind was a DJ. "The Great Album Giveaway is coming up soon! Caller number ten will win! But first, here's the latest from Genesis - Follow you, Follow me on the Super Q!" I did AM Top 40, AM Country, FM Album Rock, FM National Public Radio. "This is a public service of FM91. The Jaycees will hold their annual picnic...." I got fan letters from little old ladies when I was with the NPR station. They liked the 'little growl in the end of his voice'.

The secret to the 'caller number ten' bit, is that the DJ would go through the three incoming phone lines....push the button and say, "Q, you're number one", and hang up, push the next button......until caller number nine.

"Q, you're number nine!".....next button....'Q?' (waits for caller to talk....'hey, am I a winner?')....DJ says, "sorry, you're number nine"....and continues this until a more mature voice answers, and then says, "You're caller number ten!".

Advertising revenue was dependent on ratings, and dependent on the demographic of those ratings. So a more mature/older winner, was considered in advertising rates. (Older winner indicating an older audience with more disposable income than a teen audience).

Back in the days I was a DJ, an FCC third class radiotelephone license was required to be a DJ. That is no longer the case. (I also had a Amateur/HAM radio license - WB0VNM.)

*back then equals late 70's early 80's.

Tres Fleures wrote:You are not our elected delegate.

But it's been about a year since there have been any elections.

Tarricoe

Tarricoe

Here's a really dumb question West, do you know m00t?

Westwind wrote:The secret to the 'caller number ten' bit, is that the DJ would go through the three incoming phone lines....push the button and say, "Q, you're number one", and hang up, push the next button......until caller number nine.

"Q, you're number nine!".....next button....'Q?' (waits for caller to talk....'hey, am I a winner?')....DJ says, "sorry, you're number nine"....and continues this until a more mature voice answers, and then says, "You're caller number ten!".

Advertising revenue was dependent on ratings, and dependent on the demographic of those ratings. So a more mature/older winner, was considered in advertising rates. (Older winner indicating an older audience with more disposable income than a teen audience).

DEVILISH

Westwind wrote:We could import Karaoke Friday from TWP. Once upon a time, a long, long, long time ago, Westwind was a DJ. "The Great Album Giveaway is coming up soon! Caller number ten will win! But first, here's the latest from Genesis - Follow you, Follow me on the Super Q!" I did AM Top 40, AM Country, FM Album Rock, FM National Public Radio. "This is a public service of FM91. The Jaycees will hold their annual picnic...." I got fan letters from little old ladies when I was with the NPR station. They liked the 'little growl in the end of his voice'.

Alexanderian Macedonia wrote:I feel like what this region really needs more than anything else is a highly skilled disc jockey who can bring the people together with classic hits from the 60s through 80s. Who is with me?

Gooooood morning ladies and criptids! you're listening to EQLSM-FM hits from way back when It's a beautiful day out there, watch the traffic because you're probably in it! (ouch!) so sit back, relax grab a hot cup of your favorite beverage (But keep your eyes on the road if your heading back to your WAGE CAGE after the weekend) And enjoy the best meal of the day THE BREAKFAST SHOW WITH TARRICOE. Before we launch into our first classic hit, we have a give away coming up later, so don't change that dial, but don't call in if you still have your original hips! ok! oh and because I'm thinking of you ladies! *raaaawwwwwr*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EErSKhC0CZs

Tarricoe wrote:do you know m00t?

Sorry, no.

I remember one drunk DJ, late at night, long long ago.......there was a case of whiskey in a cabinet in the studio......"K99 FM Rockin' Stereo! I'd love to tell you what time it is, but the clock just keeps waving around all over the wall. No matter, just remember that you can tune a piano but you can't tuna fish. Here's REO Speedwagon."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEidbkibsiE

DEAR. GOD. IN. HEAVEN.

...

Please make Equalism radio happen!

"This is your host... Leland Jones... Bringing you the biggest hits in jazz, blues, and everything cool.

Public Service Announcement for you all you hip cats out there: remember folks, only hands can wash hands—if you want to receive, you must give.

Well, here we are at the top of the hour, and you know that means. We're getting down with a little number by The Bird himself.

Here's 'Ornithology' by Charlie Parker, on QLSM-Radio—sometimes jazzy, sometimes bluesy, but always hip."

Alright, the radio station is broadcasting in a 40m radius of my house, if no one calls in tomorrow I'll assume no one wants it and trash the whole thing.

"Hey, my name is Peter—long time caller, first time listener—could I request the sound of a turn signal being left on long after a vehicle has completed its merge from the center lane to the left lane, while driving down a stretch of poorly paved Alexanderian Macedonian highway? Thanks!"

Ooooh sorry, but here's some monkey noises instead, for you killer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3cD1Nd302k

Small Huts is proud to have the most rebellious youth in Equilism. Parents are comforted to see their children dressing oddly and refusing to eat their vegetables.

Westwind, Tarricoe, and Isaris

Tarricoe

"37 minutes ago: Naivetry ceased to exist."

I recruited Naivetry, It's my claim to fame. "tarri-who? Oh that guy who recruited Naivetry, pretty rad" - No one ever

RIP IN PEACE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_QniGKv4fg

Tarricoe wrote:"37 minutes ago: Naivetry ceased to exist."

I recruited Naivetry, It's my claim to fame. "tarri-who? Oh that guy who recruited Naivetry, pretty rad" - No one ever

RIP IN PEACE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_QniGKv4fg

She'll be back, I'm sure.

*refreshes the Breakfast Buffet*

Belgian Waffles for me, today.

*noms*

Which fellow nation would you miss the most if they disappeared tomorrow? What of nations that are presently missing in action?

THIS IS A PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT

I Baron Bones am hereby providing the citizens of Equilism with a generous notice, from hence I will be RAIDING this region. As I do not have a raider army this raid will use the HONOUR SYSTEM, I hereby request that everybody endorse me, BARON BONES.

THANKYOU FOR YOUR COOPERATION

I miss 2007 era internet culture

Baron Bones wrote:THIS IS A PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT

I Baron Bones am hereby providing the citizens of Equilism with a generous notice, from hence I will be RAIDING this region. As I do not have a raider army this raid will use the HONOUR SYSTEM, I hereby request that everybody endorse me, BARON BONES.

THANKYOU FOR YOUR COOPERATION

*changes channel*

People of Equilism, I've decided that, as part of my campaign to sow mild chaos into the world, I will go up to random strangers and say, "I just want to let you know, I think you're so brave," before quickly walking away.

Thoughts?

«12. . .553554555556557558559. . .583584»

Advertisement