by Max Barry

Latest Forum Topics

Advertisement

Lorania Board

Search

Search

[+] Advanced...

Author:

Region:

Sort:

«12. . .463464465466467468469. . .475476»

Tinhampton wrote:Tired: Doms Old RP Nation
Wired: ☭☭☭☭☭☭

Communism

R

I just dropped the hard R.

Devionsa, can you update the Loranian Constitution dispatch to include all the amendments we've passed in the past 3 months?

Sail Nation wrote:Devionsa, can you update the Loranian Constitution dispatch to include all the amendments we've passed in the past 3 months?

Yes it is annoyingly confusing to read the constitution 3 times to make sure something is legal just to find out it isn’t because of a small clause in a constitutional amendment that you forgot to check.

Alright, sorry about that. Could someone send me the amendments we've made?

Have been a bit bogged with uni work lately. Sorry again.

Devionsa wrote:Alright, sorry about that. Could someone send me the amendments we've made?

Have been a bit bogged with uni work lately. Sorry again.

there’s these Proposed Amendments to Loranian Constitution, don’t know about the others

Could we please clear the ban list?

Why? There's really no need.

I was going to ask that same question.

I’d say clear the ones that say “disgraced:...” because they are banned from NS and won’t be coming back. But the others should stay.

Remove the ones that were banned unconstitutionally and then I'm happy.

And who would those be? I'll say from the start that any persons connected with TWC will remain banned. I see no purpose served by removing their bans.

Michael Reeves is crackhead Mark Rober that makes inventions that look like a bomb every single time.

Change my mind.

Devionsa wrote:Why? There's really no need.

Sirian wrote:I was going to ask that same question.

See below:

2-4-Dichlorophenoxyacetic Acid wrote:I’d say clear the ones that say “disgraced:...” because they are banned from NS and won’t be coming back.

I agree.

Sail Nation wrote:Remove the ones that were banned unconstitutionally and then I'm happy.

I agree with this as well.

Devionsa wrote:And who would those be? I'll say from the start that any persons connected with TWC will remain banned. I see no purpose served by removing their bans.

Devi, they were banned illegally. Law is law, and it should always be followed, not just when it suits you. It was us Loranians who wrote these laws, and now we seem to be refusing to follow them, to the point where the PM can simply banject whoever they like at any time. It seems like the entirety of Article II of the constitution has just been completely ignored for the past few months, simply because it was ‘inconvenient’.

Who is PM? That term expires next week. Let me ping Seven Seas

"I hope nothing bad happens when I go to Dallas!"

John Fortnite Kennedy, November 21st, 1963

Sirian wrote:Who is PM? That term expires next week. Let me ping Seven Seas

We have an election this upcoming week I believe.

And to all~ I will be running

Ogliacia wrote:See below:
I agree.
I agree with this as well.
Devi, they were banned illegally. Law is law, and it should always be followed, not just when it suits you. It was us Loranians who wrote these laws, and now we seem to be refusing to follow them, to the point where the PM can simply banject whoever they like at any time. It seems like the entirety of Article II of the constitution has just been completely ignored for the past few months, simply because it was ‘inconvenient’.

I didn't think I'd have to repeat myself again. But they were banned out of OOC moderation concerns to do with the safety of our RMB and inhabitants. When you're PM you can take them off the ban.

Sirian wrote:Who is PM? That term expires next week. Let me ping Seven Seas

Uhhh, yes?

Carry on.

Seven Seas wrote:I didn't think I'd have to repeat myself again. But they were banned out of OOC moderation concerns to do with the safety of our RMB and inhabitants. When you're PM you can take them off the ban.
Uhhh, yes?

'Safety of our RMB and inhabitants' What does that mean? You do realise that if they broke any RMB regulations then they could be suppressed and possibly later legally banned. But they broke no rules, OOC or IC. They weren't exactly threatening us - what could they do? They couldn't raid us. Anything that broke NS rules, such as spamming the RMB, could be dealt with through the mods. What else could they do?

Their threats were hollow, so we had nothing to worry about. We were never in danger. They couldn't do anything. In fact, banjecting them gave them reason to put us in their 'black book', which means that we are now looked down upon by them and their allies.

I'm all for creating more laws to widen areas where we can take action against both OOC and IC offenders. But while I disagree with the actions of TWC, I believe that they did not break Loranian law, at least while they were in the region (I passed info onto Skundi about something a couple of weeks back - however this was while none of them were in the region so no rule or law was broken), or any NS rule.

Most OOC offenses are covered by NS rules - otherwise I wouldn't feel comfortable on this site. Anything that threatens us as people, rather than as nations or characters, is generally covered by site rules. We can expand these through laws, to include anything that we feel as Loranians, threatens us as people behind computer screens, and I recommend that we do this. Anything not allowed under site rules can be reported to NS mods. But I still fail to see how someone moving into our region immediately becomes a threat to us as people, without them even taken a single action. If there was something, then report it to the mods!!

So this was an IC banjection - a banjection because we believe that TWC threatens us IC. I don't think they are threatening us OOC, and I fail to see how they can do that in any practical way. It was a pre-emptive banjection, a banjection made because of prejudice rather than evidence. Why banject someone if they've done nothing wrong?

I am happy for anyone to explain how this was an OOC threat, and how this threat was allowed under both Loranian and NS rules. We can turn this disagreement into something positive, by expanding our laws and preventing this from happening again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8QlNuTUe4M

Crackhead Tony Stark has defeated racism while looking like Sid from Toy Story!

Sail Nation wrote:'Safety of our RMB and inhabitants' What does that mean? You do realise that if they broke any RMB regulations then they could be suppressed and possibly later legally banned. But they broke no rules, OOC or IC. They weren't exactly threatening us - what could they do? They couldn't raid us. Anything that broke NS rules, such as spamming the RMB, could be dealt with through the mods. What else could they do?

Their threats were hollow, so we had nothing to worry about. We were never in danger. They couldn't do anything. In fact, banjecting them gave them reason to put us in their 'black book', which means that we are now looked down upon by them and their allies.

I'm all for creating more laws to widen areas where we can take action against both OOC and IC offenders. But while I disagree with the actions of TWC, I believe that they did not break Loranian law, at least while they were in the region (I passed info onto Skundi about something a couple of weeks back - however this was while none of them were in the region so no rule or law was broken), or any NS rule.

Most OOC offenses are covered by NS rules - otherwise I wouldn't feel comfortable on this site. Anything that threatens us as people, rather than as nations or characters, is generally covered by site rules. We can expand these through laws, to include anything that we feel as Loranians, threatens us as people behind computer screens, and I recommend that we do this. Anything not allowed under site rules can be reported to NS mods. But I still fail to see how someone moving into our region immediately becomes a threat to us as people, without them even taken a single action. If there was something, then report it to the mods!!

So this was an IC banjection - a banjection because we believe that TWC threatens us IC. I don't think they are threatening us OOC, and I fail to see how they can do that in any practical way. It was a pre-emptive banjection, a banjection made because of prejudice rather than evidence. Why banject someone if they've done nothing wrong?

I am happy for anyone to explain how this was an OOC threat, and how this threat was allowed under both Loranian and NS rules. We can turn this disagreement into something positive, by expanding our laws and preventing this from happening again.

This is a discussion I will no longer have. We have separate opinions but I hope we can leave them as mere opinions.

Kentavia

it says that i am unable to accept invite on the discord, why is this?

There's no law that says bans apply to just threats. I don't see why this is an issue honestly. Mods won't intervene unless there is excessive spamming or use of horrible language. I don't see why we have to wait for that to happen if we are already familiar with them and know that they aren't likeable people. TWC are just an unsavoury nation that had and still has relations with fascist regions and players and many other OOC offenses from their leaderships. If anyone wants any further information on their OOC problems, TG me.

Otherwise, I'd just like Lorania to be provided reasons why TWC should be removed from the ban list. What benefit would that serve if we don't have and don't plan to have any relations with them?

«12. . .463464465466467468469. . .475476»

Advertisement