by Max Barry

Latest Forum Topics

Advertisement

Lorania Board

Search

Search

[+] Advanced...

Author:

Region:

Sort:

«12. . .444445446447448449450. . .473474»

The concern brought up by Matroyska is something important, however I see no problem in setting up a citizens assembly debating region, where all citizens can debate, and we host the poll here.

And Macari, I understand where you are coming from, but in this plan all citizens can take part, allowing the PM to vote as well. We have an active, voting core of members totalling between 15-20. Id much rather having 15 citizens voting on important legislation rather than 5 MPs who were simply voted in by default due to a lack of candidates. We can easily use a majority out of those who voted, or use a whoever gets the most votes wins, but that has its own problems.

All Im trying to say here is, if we actively involve citizens in the legislative process, they are more likely to get more involved. Representative democracy on NS only works when the voting, active population is too big to form a large citizens assembly, and we have an active, voting population of 15-20 like I said. For a smaller region, this allows more involvement for citizens, and actively encourages them to make Lorania their home in the long term

Macari and Galactic Powers

Skundi wrote:The concern brought up by Matroyska is something important, however I see no problem in setting up a citizens assembly debating region, where all citizens can debate, and we host the poll here.

And Macari, I understand where you are coming from, but in this plan all citizens can take part, allowing the PM to vote as well. We have an active, voting core of members totalling between 15-20. Id much rather having 15 citizens voting on important legislation rather than 5 MPs who were simply voted in by default due to a lack of candidates. We can easily use a majority out of those who voted, or use a whoever gets the most votes wins, but that has its own problems.

All Im trying to say here is, if we actively involve citizens in the legislative process, they are more likely to get more involved. Representative democracy on NS only works when the voting, active population is too big to form a large citizens assembly, and we have an active, voting population of 15-20 like I said. For a smaller region, this allows more involvement for citizens, and actively encourages them to make Lorania their home in the long term

Are we using regional polls for votes? Or would we still vote in the HoC region as usual?

Macari wrote:Are we using regional polls for votes? Or would we still vote in the HoC region as usual?

Depends, if the region chooses to follow this form of legislature then we will decide it then

Macari

Wait, Skundi is back? :0

My view on this:

I understand that Skundi's idea is more democratic, but it has many issues with it. Yes, it allows the Cabinet to vote, but that in itself is controversial (Executive in Legislature). That takes us to the non-cabinet citizens. If they really cared about legislation, they would have declared candidacy for the HoC. I also air my other concerns, which have been stated before. We don't NEED complete legislative reform, just a few small changes. We could put constitutional amendments to referendum, and allow sponsored citizens to debate in the HoC.

Anyway, this proposal is in no way urgent. We have other (more urgent) matters to discuss, namely the voting systems debate, which is constantly being delayed. So it's my belief that we talk about the Legialation proposal after we've decided which voting system to propose to the HoC. At the moment, we're starting new debates and not concluding the current ones. So let's get back to the voting systems debate, and fix our broken voting system.

Reject Monke

Return to Single-Celled Organism

Be on the look-out for my nation's new monthly News journal: "The Scarlet Gazette." I will be discussing a wide range of national/regional topics. First Issue releases tomorrow. Issues will be released on the 3rd Sunday of every month. Thanks guys :)

Frick food review.

We need cat review!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQ1EXk7XUpE

Macari wrote:Be on the look-out for my nation's new monthly News journal: "The Scarlet Gazette." I will be discussing a wide range of national/regional topics. First Issue releases tomorrow. Issues will be released on the 3rd Sunday of every month. Thanks guys :)

Im looking forward to reading it!

Macari and Galactic Powers

Cringe World Assembly:

Stupid flag
Hates Tai Pei
Cringe

CHAD Xinhai Pact

Fights for the Pan-Tai Peian dream
Doesn't allow cringe republics/communists
Epic

Just started the API recruitment up again! Hopefully we'll see some results!

Hello Skundi!

Macari wrote:Be on the look-out for my nation's new monthly News journal: "The Scarlet Gazette." I will be discussing a wide range of national/regional topics. First Issue releases tomorrow. Issues will be released on the 3rd Sunday of every month. Thanks guys :)

Hi macari! Seems like you're gonna be the latest addition to the number of active nations in Lorania! Good to see ya here! :>

Macari, Skundi, Devionsa, and Ogliacia

Skundi wrote:Im looking forward to reading it!

Thanks Skundi!

Waldoven wrote:Hello Skundi!

Hi macari! Seems like you're gonna be the latest addition to the number of active nations in Lorania! Good to see ya here! :>

Happy to be here :)

Hey guys, I know that Skundi was one of the co-founder of this region, but does anyone know who was the original founder?

Macari wrote:Hey guys, I know that Skundi was one of the co-founder of this region, but does anyone know who was the original founder?

No one! Stolkland and I founded the region together, so there was no founder, and instead two co-founders

Skundi wrote:No one! Stolkland and I founded the region together, so there was no founder, and instead two co-founders

Ahh interesting. Thank you for this info!

Happy to announce the first Issue of The Scarlet Gazette is out now! Read whenever you can ;) Will try to build up more content as the issues go on.

Macari wrote:Happy to announce the first Issue of The Scarlet Gazette is out now! Read whenever you can ;) Will try to build up more content as the issues go on.

I will single-handedly turn this news source into The Onion of NationStates.

Macari wrote:Happy to announce the first Issue of The Scarlet Gazette is out now! Read whenever you can ;) Will try to build up more content as the issues go on.

Could I Submit some songs For the next issue?

Also is the Gazette Hiring?

The League's Paper, The Chronicle, has released a new issue!

Read all about it here:


This edition of the League's Chronicle was brought to you by:

Press Chairman Gagium

Publishers and Supporting Editors Quebecshire, Eminople, and Terranihil

LCN Chronicle Staff Amaan Land


The League's Chronicle is now hiring writers and correspondents - Contact Gagium through telegrams or Linkthe LCN's discord server if you're interested! Anyone may apply.


Read dispatch

Tai Pei wrote:I will single-handedly turn this news source into The Onion of NationStates.

lol if you say so

Abbots wrote:Could I Submit some songs For the next issue?

Also is the Gazette Hiring?

Sure! And yes! We are actually :) youd be a great addition to our team lol

Macari wrote:lol if you say so Sure! And yes! We are actually :) youd be a great addition to our team lol

Here's some music for the news article:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGxIjEa87i4

Macari and Galactic Powers

Macari wrote:lol if you say so

He does say so.

Harkagrad wrote:He does say so.

I say so.

Macari wrote:lol if you say so Sure! And yes! We are actually :) youd be a great addition to our team lol

Awesome thanks!

Macari

«12. . .444445446447448449450. . .473474»

Advertisement