Exactly, so I don't see why Ogliacia is making up some fantasy scenario where we'll get swamped with nations as soon as I mention that people do a little manual recruiting from time to time. And then does a 180 to saying that we'd need to send 437 TGs to get 1 recruit. Bit counterproductive.
Can we just end this tangent with asking people to just help out with a little manual recruiting whenever they have some free time and feel like it? Here's the dispatch again:
1. Write a TG to "tag:template" and mark it as recruitment. The macro %NATION% displays the name of the recipient when they read it. Click Preview to review your text.
2. Send the TG. You will see this message.
3. Click "View Template." This allows you to see the TG, along with its delivery reports.
4. Go to this page (World Activity, sorted by Founding). Open each nation page in a new tab, starting with the most recently created nation. You may want to skip refounded nations. If you want to target ejected nations as well, go to the list of filters in the upper right hand corner and select "ejections."
5. Copy the TG ID code into each nation's TG box and send. You do not have to mark it as recruitment again.
1. Write a TG to "tag:api" and mark it as recruitment. The macro %NATION% displays the name of the recipient when they read it. Click Preview to review your text.
2. Send the TG. You will see this message.
3. Click "View Template." This allows you to see the TG, along with its delivery reports. Copy down the TG ID and the Secret Key.
4. You will need a TG script. Download one that works with your computer. There is a list of popular scripts here.
5. You will also need a Client Key. Each region is limited to one Client Key, which must be manually requested from the mods. Ask your founder or delegate if they have one of these, or if they can request one for you.
6. Enter your Client Key, Secret Key, and TG ID into your TG script. If there is an option in your script to mark telegrams as recruitment, enable it. Make sure you are targeting the right set of nations. Most regions only target new nations, but some also send telegrams to refounded or ejected nations.
1. Purchase stamps from the store, or have someone else gift you some. You cannot transfer stamps from one nation to another, but you can request that stamps be delivered to another nation when you purchase them.
2. Write a TG to "tag:new#" and mark it as recruitment. You may also choose to recruit refounded or ejected nations, in which case you would send the TG to "tag:ejected#" or "tag:refounded#". Click Preview to review your text.
3. This is not a requirement, but if you have a large number of stamps, it is a good idea to split up your recruiting campaigns into smaller batches. Once you send a stamp telegram, you cannot take it back, even if you discover a mistake. If you only send a thousand telegrams at a time instead of ten thousand all at once, you can avoid wasting your entire reserve of stamps in the event of an error.
Created by August. Do not reproduce, in whole or in part, without explicit permission.
I think that the more important issue is that of what should replace the Deputy PM. I see no logic in making it the responsibility of a random cabinet member. I also do not understand how having no PM would work. Even before the first PM was elected, Skundi served as acting PM.
So that's why I think that the WA Delegate should assume the responsibilities of the Deputy PM, and I'm all for putting limitations on acting PMs, or for reducing the by-election gap to one week, like what it is for HoC by-elections (doing it within 24 hours is impractical and would never properly work).
i agree we need someone to fill in the gap, either WA delegate or chief justice. maybe delegate would be more popular as itís an elected position? thereís never going to be a perfect solution but equally this probably wonít ever happen, so iím happy to let the delegate assume power until a by-election can be organised.
in lieu of feedback, would any MPs like to sponsor this bill?
ASSERTING a fundamental right of everyone to have access to information that could affect them
HOPING to implement this as far as possible in Lorania
HEREBY enacting the following:
2) The government will make every effort to regularly share updates on government affairs with the region.
3) However, the government may withhold any piece of information that is sensitive or could be harmful if publicly revealed (e.g. a nation's real-life personal information, information relating to a potential threat to the region that could increase the threat if revealed etc.). This can override the provisions of all other clauses.
4) If possible and practical, government discussions should take place on the Regional Message Board.
5) The Prime Minister shall hold at least once a month a Prime Minister's Questions session on the RMB, where any resident of Lorania or an embassy region can ask a question to the Prime Minister about government affairs. The Prime Minister must answer the question, to any degree of specificity, unless answering would contravene Clause 3.
puts a lot of what iíve been doing voluntarily into law
Just to remind everyone, this proposal is also in the making:
Proposal Type: Amendment
The House of Commons,
NOTING that the Regional Court Procedures Act (RCPA) is the official document which states how Loranian court cases are conducted,
ACKNOWLEDGING the many typos and poorly written clauses within the RCPA,
BELIEVING that the RCPA is currently over-bureaucratised and unneccessarily time consuming, and
WISHING to improve the efficiency of the RCPA,
HEREBY ENACTS the following:
The current Article II shall be struck.
A new Article II shall be created with the following clauses:
In the event that a resident nation wishes report another resident nation of a crime worthy of a court case, they must first telegram the Chief Justice. The Contents of this telegram are as follows:
The nation accused of committing the crime,
The crime they are accused to have commited, and
The evidence of the crime supposedly being commited by the accused nation.
After recieving this TG, the Chief Justice shall announce on the Lorania Regional Message Board of a court case, which shall be conducted in the Loranian Courthouse. No evidence of the accused crime given after this point shall be considered valid.
The court case shall begin when the Chief Justice annouces so on the Loranian Courthouse Regional Message Board. The Chief Justice shall ask the accused nation whether they plead Guilty or Not Guilty. However, the accused nation shall (throughout the entirety of the court case) be permitted to remain silent as they see fit, freely and without coersion from any other nation. The Chief Justice shall not take the accused nation's silence into account when deciding the verdict or punishment (if found guilty).
In the event that the accused nation pleads 'guilty', the Chief Justice shall punish the accused nation in accordance with Loranian Law, and shall conclude the court case.
In the event that the accused nation pleads 'not guilty' or remains silent, the Chief Justice shall instruct the reporting nation to begin with their case against the accused nation.
Matroyska, Sail and I have managed to make start to it, but if anyone else wishes to contribute to it, feel free to help us.
Do the characters mean anything?
The characters are the general one-word description of every part of the AFTP.
The pink bar is for the AFTP-Left and the character translates to "humanity"
The cyan bar is for the AFTP-Center and the character translates to "liberty"
The blue bar is for the AFTP-Right and the character translates to "stability"
The flag is something you would see at a rally or something.
what youíve got so far looks pretty good. i would suggest clause 1 specifies that charges may only be brought against a resident of lorania. and iím confused as to why evidence can only be given before the case starts - what if they find something new, or there are new developments?
as to the rest of it, you just need to say the accuser will present their evidence one by one, giving the accused time to respond, and when all evidence has been seen both may make a closing statement if they wish before the cj reaches a verdict.
Ah yes, I forgot to write that part in. Apologies.
It may seem slightly suspicious trying to collect evidence during the court case, due to the events of Loraniaís most recent court case (bribery). Also, if you were a judge, wouldnít you require the prosecution to collect all evidence before the court case begins? It just seems very unprofessional and suspicious of the prosecution to still be Ďcollecting evidenceí half way through the court case.
Of course I will, just havenít quite got round to completing those areas yet.
Puetavisa is gone.
I will not take this lightly, I do not believe I should. It is not my place to celebrate over another nation's puppetsweeping. However, it is important for us to understand that he bullied us repeatedly and even infiltrated our ranks in the House of Commons.
I do not enjoy this, but let me tell you, I am not in the least bit sorry that this is his consequence.
*edit: corrected the mod actions taken against him
Like it or not, this kid is spitting straight up facts.
Now THIS is the kind of response I was missing. Thank you so much for your helpful insight, Tai Pei!
Yooo, a tutorial on how to get free cards on NationStates!
Due to extreme inactivity I have decided to close the discord, if all officials could get rid of any links or mention of it in our TG WFE and stuff that would be great.