by Max Barry

Latest Forum Topics

Advertisement

Groovy Board

Search

Search

[+] Advanced...

Author:

Region:

Sort:

«123456»

Ghost Land wrote:On that note, back in 2012-2013 when I was new I also had a region just to my puppets and myself, and I was fine like that; my friends were on the forum anyway.

Do you think this region needs offsite forums?

Forums are nice. I had a puppet region too. Had little made up conflicts.

Beasluxia wrote:Forums are nice. I had a puppet region too. Had little made up conflicts.

My puppet region is Ghost Land Government Type Museum. It just has one nation representing each of the 27 government types.

Ghost Land wrote:My puppet region is Ghost Land Government Type Museum. It just has one nation representing each of the 27 government types.

Legit.

Sometimes I think of letting my other main nation (60s music) die already. I can control almost everything region-wise with this nation, and that one is totally not turning out how I wanted it to.

Ghost Land wrote:Sometimes I think of letting my other main nation (60s music) die already. I can control almost everything region-wise with this nation, and that one is totally not turning out how I wanted it to.

Just 'cause you were raided twice doesn't mean this region's worthless. Hell, my region's dying and I keep on going in the sheer hope that someday it will rise.

Eripolis wrote:Just 'cause you were raided twice doesn't mean this region's worthless. Hell, my region's dying and I keep on going in the sheer hope that someday it will rise.

I was referring to the nation itself, whose stats are in some ways the exact opposite of what I'd expected. I tried running it according to my own beliefs, and it ended up like the (inaccurate) stereotypes of Mexico with drug cartels and an average lifespan of 50.

Ghost Land wrote:I was referring to the nation itself, whose stats are in some ways the exact opposite of what I'd expected. I tried running it according to my own beliefs, and it ended up like the (inaccurate) stereotypes of Mexico with drug cartels and an average lifespan of 50.

I suppose Max Barry himself is more socialist. Or democratic socialist.
The more left leaning your nation's policies, and the more restricted the economy is, the healthier, longer living, and cleaner your nation is. A rather inaccurate portrayal of socialism.

Eripolis wrote:I suppose Max Barry himself is more socialist. Or democratic socialist.
The more left leaning your nation's policies, and the more restricted the economy is, the healthier, longer living, and cleaner your nation is. A rather inaccurate portrayal of socialism.

It also seems like the way to lower crime is through lower civil rights: for some reason when people have more rights, they break the law more often. Doesn't make that much sense.

Just flying thru on our way south. It's been a long flight, and I'm hoping you're open for visitors.

~shakes the dust of our wings, pitches tent, lites campfire~

Come on over and tell us about your region while we wait for a few friends to join us.

Greetings, Groovy
I'm with Geese and The Flock.

Geese and The Flock. Sounds like the name of a band from the 1960's.

Migrating Geese wrote:Just flying thru on our way south. It's been a long flight, and I'm hoping you're open for visitors.

~shakes the dust of our wings, pitches tent, lites campfire~

Come on over and tell us about your region while we wait for a few friends to join us.

Groovy is a pretty small, peaceful region, founded by myself about two years ago. It's 1960s-themed, and it's very welcoming to basically anyone who wants to join. You're welcome to stick around if you want. :)

Kalmukia wrote:Greetings, Groovy
I'm with Geese and The Flock.

Geese and The Flock. Sounds like the name of a band from the 1960's.

Far out!

Migrating Geese, Kalmukia, and Howard beale

Greetings. Just following Geese and friends!

Kalmukia and Howard beale

Tao the wanderer

Greetings from TAO. Just passing through on WalkAbout with Geese and friends.

I am pleased to finally find my way here after taking a wrong turn a few regions back and forced to pass through the region H Y D R A. I should talk with Max and admonish him to post better signage between regions.

*floats in over the horizon*
Any room for a few billion hot air balloons? :D

Drifter and Howard beale


Slow down, you move too fast
You got to make the morning last
Just kicking down the cobblestones
Looking for fun and feeling groovy
Ba da-da da-da da-da, feeling groovy
Hello lamppost, what'cha knowing
I've come to watch your flowers growin'
Ain't you got no rhymes for me?
Doo-ait-n-doo-doo, feeling groovy
Ba da-da da-da da-da, feeling groovy
I got no deeds to do, no promises to keep
I'm dappled and drowsy and ready to sleep
Let the morningtime drop all its petals on me
Life, I love you, all is groovy

Stone Circle Aviators, Drifter, and Howard beale

Beep beep! Just passin’ through, lookin’ for a gas station.

Howard beale

Hola.

Just rolling around with Geese and friends road show.

"Once upon a time there was a tavern
Where we used to raise a glass or two
Remember how we laughed away the hours
And dreamed of all the great things we would do

[Chorus]
Those were the days, my friend
We thought they'd never end
We'd sing and dance forever and a day
We'd live the life we choose
We'd fight and never lose
For we were young and sure to have our way
La la la la...........

Migrating Geese, Kalmukia, and Howard beale

Tao the wanderer

With a Little Help From My Friends

What would you think if I sang out of tune?
Would you stand up and walk out on me?
Lend me your ears and I'll sing you a song
And I'll try not to sing out of key

Oh, I get by with a little help from my friends
Mm, I get high with a little help from my friends
Mm, gonna try with a little help from my friends

What do I do when my love is away?
Does it worry you to be alone?
How do I feel by the end of the day?
Are you sad because you're on your own?

No, I get by with a little help from my friends
Mm, get high with a little help from my friends
Mm, gonna try with a little help from my friends

Do you need anybody?
I need somebody to love
Could it be anybody?
I want somebody to love

Would you believe in a love at first sight?
Yes, I'm certain that it happens all the time
What do you see when you turn out the light?
I can't tell you, but I know it's mine

Oh, I get by with a little help from my friends
Mm, get high with a little help from my friends
Oh, I'm gonna try with a little help from my friends

Do you need anybody?
I just need someone to love
Could it be anybody?
I want somebody to love

Oh, I get by with a little help from my friends
Mm, gonna try with a little help from my friends
Oh, I get high with a little help from my friends
Yes, I get by with a little help from my friends
With a little help from my friends

You need cooling
Baby I'm not fooling
I'm gonna send ya
Back to schooling

A-way down inside
A-honey you need it
I'm gonna give you my love
I'm gonna give you my love

Want to whole lotta love
Want to whole lotta love
Want to whole lotta love
Want to whole lotta love

You've been learning
Um baby I been learning
All them good times baby, baby
I've been year-yearning

A-way, way down inside
A-honey you need-ah
I'm gonna give you my love, ah
I'm gonna give you my love, ah oh

Whole lotta love
Want to whole lotta love
Want to whole lotta love
Want to whole lotta love

You've been cooling
And baby I've been drooling
All the good times, baby
I've been misusing

A-way, way down inside
I'm gonna give ya my love
I'm gonna give ya every inch of my love
I'm gonna give ya my love

Hey!
Alright! Let's go!

Whole lotta love
Want to whole lotta love
Want to whole lotta love
Want to whole lotta love

Way down inside
Woman, you need, yeah
Love

My, my, my, my
My, my, my, my
Lord
Shake for me girl

I wanna be your backdoor man
Hey, oh, hey, oh
Hey, oh, hey, oh
Ooh
Oh, oh, oh, oh

Cool, my, my baby
A-keep it cooling baby
A-keep it cooling baby
Ah-keep it cooling baby
Ah-keep it cooling baby
Ah-keep it cooling baby

I'm starting to feel seventeen again.

When I was seventeen......

There is a house in New Orleans
They call the Rising Sun
And it's been the ruin of many a poor boy
And God I know I'm one
My mother was a tailor
She sewed my new blue jeans
My father was a gamblin' man
Down in New Orleans
Now the only thing a gambler needs
Is a suitcase and trunk
And the only time he's satisfied
Is when he's all drunk
Oh mother tell your children
Not to do what I have done
Spend your lives in sin and misery
In the House of the Rising Sun
Well, I got one foot on the platform
The other foot on the train
I'm goin' back to New Orleans
To wear that ball and chain
Well, there is a house in New Orleans
They call the Rising Sun
And it's been the ruin of many a poor boy
And God I know I'm one

The 21 Hot Air Balloonists wrote:*floats in over the horizon*
Any room for a few billion hot air balloons? :D

Of course there's room for you!

Thank you everyone for all the music!

Just straying out of the sixties a little....

So I say
Thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing
Thanks for all the joy they're bringing
Who can live without it? I ask in all honesty
What would life be?
Without a song or a dance what are we?
So I say thank you for the music
For giving it to me

Migrating Geese wrote:I'm starting to feel seventeen again.

That would mean a different decade-themed region, as far as I'm concerned...
My late father told me I saw the arrival of Man on the Moon with him, sitting on his lap.
Can't remember a thing. Maybe that's why I still don't believe it.

Oh, my friend, I saw the arrival of the Man on the Moon watching TV in my parents' living room, sitting next to the boy who would eventually become my life partner.

«123456»

Advertisement