|Capital||the Sewage Plant|
The Schizophrenic Acid Rhizomes of Wuchu is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Kotera with a fair hand, and notable for its infamous sell-swords, lack of airports, and unlimited-speed roads. The compassionate, democratic population of 1.084 billion Wuchuans are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The enormous, liberal, socially-minded, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of the Sewage Plant. The average income tax rate is 70.8%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The Wuchuan economy, worth 52.4 trillion jouissances a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, quite specialized black market in Information Technology, Book Publishing, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Soda Sales. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 48,325 jouissances, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The well-to-do in The Other Place are never on time for important appointments, schools have extensive counseling programs for troubled students, treason is relative, and there's never enough space in space. Crime is almost non-existent. Wuchu's national animal is the sparrow, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Wuchu published "The Herald, 24 February XXXX" (Bulletin: News).
- : Wuchu published "Psychotics" (Account: Diplomacy).
- : Wuchu published "profile.xml" (Account: Other).
- : Following new legislation in Wuchu, there's never enough space in space.
- : Following new legislation in Wuchu, treason is relative.
- : Following new legislation in Wuchu, schools have extensive counseling programs for troubled students.
- : Following new legislation in Wuchu, the well-to-do in The Other Place are never on time for important appointments.
- : Following new legislation in Wuchu, Thomas the Spank Engine is the most popular and controversial children's show in the nation.
- : Wuchu was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Extensive Civil Rights.
- : Wuchu published "phenomenologyofspirit.xml" (Account: Drama).