|Leader||General Secretary Josef Lang|
The People's Republic of Varmastaat is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by General Secretary Josef Lang with an iron fist, and notable for its museums and concert halls, keen interest in outer space, and avant-garde cinema. The compassionate, cynical population of 4.002 billion Varmastaatians are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The enormous, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Ljusberg. The average income tax rate is 92.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Varmastaatian economy, worth 559 trillion Varma-Dollars a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Trout Farming, and Beef-Based Agriculture. Average income is an impressive 139,851 Varma-Dollars, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Children spend all morning taking out a comma and all afternoon putting it back in again, populations of two-headed Bears have been found around recently-uncovered archaeological sites, there's more than one way to skin a diplomat, and teachers regularly paddle unruly students. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Varmastaat's national animal is the Bear, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Varmastaat's influence in Soviet Democracy rose from "Diplomat" to "Ambassador".
- : Following new legislation in Varmastaat, teachers regularly paddle unruly students.
- : Following new legislation in Varmastaat, there's more than one way to skin a diplomat.
- : Following new legislation in Varmastaat, populations of two-headed Bears have been found around recently-uncovered archaeological sites.
- : Following new legislation in Varmastaat, children spend all morning taking out a comma and all afternoon putting it back in again.
- : Following new legislation in Varmastaat, skateparks can be found in every city.
- : Varmastaat voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Protecting Native Prairies and Grasslands".
- : Varmastaat voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Ellenburg".
- : Varmastaat's influence in Soviet Democracy fell from "Ambassador" to "Diplomat".
- : Varmastaat was reclassified from "Psychotic Dictatorship" to "Corrupt Dictatorship".