The Free Land of The wandering Elmo is a massive, socially progressive nation, remarkable for its anti-smoking policies. The compassionate, democratic, devout population of 1.037 billion wandering Elmoans are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The large, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Spirituality, and Welfare. The average income tax rate is 40.7%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but underdeveloped wandering Elmoan economy, worth 30.9 trillion Traveling Airs a year, is led by the Cheese Exports industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Furniture Restoration, and Tourism. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 29,815 Traveling Airs, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The nation's soldiers sleep four to a bed in order to use space economically, the new hit series "The wandering Elmo's Got Trauma" has corporate executives fleeing the country, the Wandering Elmo is a protected species, and local mafias have a tough time disposing of dead snitches without catching the attention of recycling authorities. Crime is totally unknown. The wandering Elmo's national animal is the Wandering Elmo, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The wandering Elmo's influence in Osiris rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : The wandering Elmo's influence in Osiris rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : The wandering Elmo was refounded in Osiris.
- : The wandering Elmo ceased to exist in Art.
- : The wandering Elmo's influence in Art fell from "Truckler" to "Vassal".
- : The wandering Elmo's influence in Art rose from "Vassal" to "Truckler".
- : The wandering Elmo's influence in Art rose from "Apprentice" to "Vassal".
- : The wandering Elmo's influence in Art rose from "Squire" to "Apprentice".
- : The wandering Elmo's influence in Art rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : The wandering Elmo's influence in Art rose from "Zero" to "Page".