The Kitty Pryde of The Shadow Cat is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, remarkable for its absence of drug laws, devotion to social welfare, and stringent health and safety legislation. The hard-nosed, devout population of 13.153 billion Shadows enjoy extensive civil rights and enjoy a level of social equality free from the usual accompanying government corruption.
The large, liberal, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Spirituality, and Healthcare. The average income tax rate is 44.3%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The large but stagnant The Shadow Cat economy, worth 141 trillion Dollars a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Soda Sales, Door-to-door Insurance Sales, and Pizza Delivery. Black market activity is frequent. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 10,746 Dollars, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Crime is totally unknown. The Shadow Cat's national animal is the Kitten, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The Shadow Cat's influence in Bus Stop rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : The Shadow Cat's influence in Bus Stop rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : The Shadow Cat's influence in Bus Stop rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : The Shadow Cat's influence in Bus Stop rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : The Shadow Cat's influence in Bus Stop rose from "Zero" to "Minnow".
- : The Shadow Cat relocated from The Rejected Realms to Bus Stop.
- : The Shadow Cat's influence in The Rejected Realms rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : The Shadow Cat relocated from Ulthar to The Rejected Realms.
- : The Shadow Cat was ejected from Ulthar by The Crawling Chaos of A Cat.
- : The Shadow Cat's influence in Ulthar rose from "Apprentice" to "Vassal".