|Capital||the poker table|
|Faith||getting rich quick|
The Croupier of The Sands Casino is a colossal, efficient nation, ruled by Lady Fortune with an even hand, and notable for its deadly medical pandemics, compulsory military service, and spontaneously combusting cars. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 6.359 billion gamblers enjoy some of the most opulent lifestyles in the region, unless they are unemployed or working-class, in which case they are variously starving to death or crippled by easily preventable diseases.
The minute, corrupt, pro-business government, or what there is of one, is primarily concerned with Industry, although Law & Order, Healthcare, and Education are also considered important, while Welfare and Spirituality receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of the poker table. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 4.0%.
The frighteningly efficient gambling economy, worth 865 trillion chips a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Retail industry, with significant contributions from Gambling, Soda Sales, and Information Technology. Average income is an impressive 136,177 chips, but there is a large disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 516,651 per year while the poor average 24,916, a ratio of 20.7 to 1.
Well-off serial killers write monthly checks to avoid jail time, convicts released after being found "wrongfully imprisoned" are surprisingly chill about the whole thing, birth rates have hit an all-time low, and the government extracts trade concessions from poor nations in exchange for humanitarian aid. Crime, especially youth-related, is pervasive, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. The Sands Casino's national animal is the gambler, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is getting rich quick.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The Sands Casino was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Highest Crime Rates and the Top 10% for Greatest Rich-Poor Divides.
- : The Sands Casino updated the World Factbook entry in The Sands.
- : The Sands Casino published "A Place In The Sun - 28 May" (Account: Culture).
- : The Sands Casino created a new poll in The Sands: "♠♥Sands Hold'em♦♣".
- : Following new legislation in The Sands Casino, the government extracts trade concessions from poor nations in exchange for humanitarian aid.
- : Following new legislation in The Sands Casino, birth rates have hit an all-time low.
- : Following new legislation in The Sands Casino, convicts released after being found "wrongfully imprisoned" are surprisingly chill about the whole thing.
- : Following new legislation in The Sands Casino, well-off serial killers write monthly checks to avoid jail time.
- : Following new legislation in The Sands Casino, citizens must pay to enjoy The Sands Casino's pristine beaches.
- : The Sands Casino agreed to construct embassies between The Sands and The Paris Accord.