The Empire of The Riemstagrad is a gargantuan, cultured nation, renowned for its museums and concert halls, frequent executions, and irreverence towards religion. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 11.83 billion Riemstagradians live in a state of perpetual fear, as a complete breakdown of social order has led to the rise of order through biker gangs.
The minute, outspoken government, or what there is of one, is effectively ruled by the Department of Industry, with Law & Order and Spirituality not funded at all. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 3.8%.
The frighteningly efficient Riemstagradian economy, worth a remarkable 1,090 trillion Denaris a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Automobile Manufacturing, Retail, and Soda Sales. Average income is 92,184 Denaris, but there is a large disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 363,845 per year while the poor average 15,822, a ratio of 23.0 to 1.
The government recently donated a surfboard to an impoverished family in a landlocked region, tourists flock from around the world to see The Riemstagrad's famed 'rainbow slums', t-shirts displaying a photo of Leader performing the Full-Monty are selling out, and the government regularly reassures citizens that there are no monsters under their beds. Crime, especially youth-related, is pervasive, probably because of the absence of a police force. The Riemstagrad's national animal is the Agapornis, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The Riemstagrad's influence in Equilism rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : The Riemstagrad's influence in Equilism rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : The Riemstagrad's influence in Equilism rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : The Riemstagrad was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Rebellious Youth and Largest Retail Industry and the Top 10% for Largest Information Technology Sector, Rudest Citizens, and Greatest Rich-Poor Divides.
- : The Riemstagrad's influence in Equilism rose from "Zero" to "Hatchling".
- : The Riemstagrad altered its national flag.
- : The Riemstagrad relocated from Osiris to Equilism.
- : The Riemstagrad was refounded in Osiris.
- : The Riemstagrad ceased to exist in Equilism.
- : The Riemstagrad was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Least Corrupt Governments.