The Incorporated States of The Pir is a very large, socially progressive nation, renowned for its compulsory vegetarianism, irreverence towards religion, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working population of 136 million Pirians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The tiny government prioritizes Defense, with Industry, Healthcare, and Education also on the agenda, while Spirituality and Environment receive no funds. The average income tax rate is 7.3%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Pirian economy, worth 12.9 trillion dollars a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Retail industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Information Technology, and Pizza Delivery. Black market activity is notable. Average income is 94,996 dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.5 times as much as the poorest.
New treatments are rejected if they cannot be explained using only one-syllable words, pollution is on the rise along with government approvals of fracking projects, earthquake sirens are a leading cause of hearing loss, and confused-looking pigeons slide gently off frictionless window ledges. Crime is a problem, probably because of the absence of a police force. The Pir's national animal is the Owl, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The Pir was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Avoided and the Top 10% for Lowest Overall Tax Burden and Most Valuable International Artwork.
- : Following new legislation in The Pir, confused-looking pigeons slide gently off frictionless window ledges.
- : Following new legislation in The Pir, earthquake sirens are a leading cause of hearing loss.
- : Following new legislation in The Pir, pollution is on the rise along with government approvals of fracking projects.
- : Following new legislation in The Pir, new treatments are rejected if they cannot be explained using only one-syllable words.
- : The Pir was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Furniture Restoration Industry and Largest Manufacturing Sector.
- : Following new legislation in The Pir, "To Hell or to Marshland" is a common settler cry directed at native Brasilistanis.
- : The Pir lodged a message on the Conch Kingdom Regional Message Board.
- : The Pir endorsed The Democratic Republic of The United Union of the Republic.
- : The Pir endorsed The Slightly Charr-ed Federation of Charville.
Endorsements Received: 45 » Socialist Platypus, Free Azell, Balan Bar, Nibelia, Rex Omnia, Liberto-Ancapistan, Lislandia, Oak River, Pervincia, Oktadonia, Nateros Sill, Untied States of Matter, Xavier The 1, Sialked, Cle Brait, Primis Tenebris, Dyrland, StarGaiz, Land of Legacy, Terra Valor, Scandavikia, New Giaguan, Gatorstan, Glorsto, TSSOA, Atila, Capitalists Unions, Lucensia, El Blurkistan, Duby, JoshRunsAGovernment, Elythrea, Stustu, Space Nudists, Swiss Hommousionopia, Coliapa, Kurczak Mielony, The Spook Who Sat By The Door, Zuelong, Ciapore, Aelandi, Saint Killebrew, Kursibar, Charville, and Tolerian Empire.