|Faith||The Holy Thirteen|
The Benevolent Dictatorship of The Dourian Embassy is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by Treize Dreizehn with an iron fist, and renowned for its public floggings, anti-smoking policies, and irreverence towards religion. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless population of 14.479 billion Dourians are rabid consumers, partly through choice and partly because the government tells them to and dissenters tend to vanish from their homes at night.
The relatively small, corrupt, pro-business, well-organized government is primarily concerned with Defense, although Industry, Education, and Law & Order are also considered important, while Environment and Spirituality aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Douria. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 66.9%.
The frighteningly efficient Dourian economy, worth a remarkable 4,692 trillion dollars a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Soda Sales, and Book Publishing. Black market activity is rampant. Average income is an amazing 324,057 dollars, with the richest citizens earning 6.8 times as much as the poorest.
Whenever pilots have to bail out the government bails out their company, blood stains the floors of the execution room and the hands of the state, the secret ingredient is love (and MSG), and the local custom of Biking With The Cars sends tourists home bemused or in body-bags. Crime is totally unknown. The Dourian Embassy's national animal is the raven, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is The Holy Thirteen.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The Dourian Embassy's influence in Balder rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : The Dourian Embassy was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Scientifically Advanced.
- : The Dourian Embassy's influence in Balder rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : The Dourian Embassy's influence in Balder rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : The Dourian Embassy was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Arms Manufacturing Sector and Most Avoided and the Top 10% for Most Advanced Public Transport and Most Extensive Public Healthcare.
- : The Dourian Embassy's influence in Balder rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : The Dourian Embassy was refounded in Balder.
- : The Dourian Embassy ceased to exist in Lazarus.
- : The Dourian Embassy was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Timber Woodchipping Industry.
- : The Dourian Embassy's influence in Lazarus rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".