The Sleepy Sylence of The Chariot is a colossal, orderly nation, ruled by waste with an iron fist, and remarkable for its pith helmet sales, compulsory military service, and unlimited-speed roads. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless population of 7.143 billion wastes are rabid consumers, partly through choice and partly because the government tells them to and dissenters tend to vanish from their homes at night.
The tiny, corrupt, pro-business, well-organized government prioritizes Defense, although Industry and Education are also considered important, while Environment and Welfare receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of waste. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 3.0%.
The frighteningly efficient waste economy, worth a remarkable 1,123 trillion wastes a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Retail, Soda Sales, and Gambling. Average income is an impressive 157,276 wastes, but there is a vast disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 1,295,785 per year while the poor average 3,964, a ratio of 326 to 1.
Kids only know what plants are because they've seen them on the television, the government's suicide hotline now redirects callers to local tax lawyers, the government's fruit business reeks of rotting produce and corruption, and Waste-made cars tend to catch fire in people's driveways. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. The Chariot's national animal is the waste, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is waste.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The Chariot was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Pro-Market.
- : The Chariot's influence in Lily rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : The Chariot resigned from the World Assembly.
- : The Chariot was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Valuable International Artwork.
- : The Chariot was admitted to the World Assembly.
- : The Chariot applied to join the World Assembly.
- : The Chariot's influence in Lily rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : The Chariot's influence in Lily rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : The Chariot's influence in Lily rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : The Chariot agreed to construct embassies between Lily and Darkwood.