|Leader||the First Sea Lord|
|Animal||Cat o' nine tails|
The Rum and Sodomy Complex of The Admiralty is a gargantuan, orderly nation, ruled by the First Sea Lord with an iron fist, and remarkable for its smutty television, strictly enforced bedtime, and anti-smoking policies. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless, devout population of 18.545 billion Midshipmen are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The relatively small, corrupt, well-organized government prioritizes Defense, although Industry, Education, and Healthcare are also considered important, while Social Policy and Environment aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Rear Admiralty. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 78.3%.
The frighteningly efficient Amidships economy, worth a remarkable 8,520 trillion Lashes a year, is broadly diversified and mostly comprised of black market activity, especially in Arms Manufacturing, Uranium Mining, Information Technology, and Woodchip Exports. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an amazing 459,446 Lashes, but there is a large disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 1,970,318 per year while the poor average 68,574, a ratio of 28.7 to 1.
The First Sea Lord is too busy listening to praise to get any work done, deli patrons examine their roast beef for undetonated explosives, the news is showing footage of the First Sea Lord bullying an old man to the point of tears, and heirs who take too long in the bathroom are declared missing and presumed dead. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. The Admiralty's national animal is the Cat o' nine tails, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is Jingoism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The Admiralty was endorsed by The People of Pensee.
- : The Admiralty endorsed The Interstellar Republic of Isaris.
- : The Admiralty was endorsed by The Interstellar Republic of Isaris.
- : The Admiralty was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Rudest Citizens.
- : The Admiralty was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Publishing Industry.
- : The Admiralty was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Extensive Public Healthcare.
- : The Admiralty was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Poor Incomes and Most Advanced Law Enforcement.
- : The Admiralty was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Extensive Civil Rights.
- : The Admiralty voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Limitation of Inhumane Weaponry".
- : The Admiralty was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Advanced Law Enforcement.