The Republic of Suomers is a huge, socially progressive nation, renowned for its daily referendums, sprawling nuclear power plants, and infamous sell-swords. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, devout population of 518 million Suomersians live in a state of perpetual fear, as a complete breakdown of social order has led to the rise of order through biker gangs.
The minute, liberal, pro-business, outspoken government, or what there is of one, prioritizes Industry, although Education and Defense are also considered important, while Law & Order and Welfare are ignored. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 3.2%.
The frighteningly efficient Suomersian economy, worth 68.8 trillion deniers a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Retail industry, with significant contributions from Soda Sales, Uranium Mining, and Arms Manufacturing. Average income is an impressive 132,757 deniers, but there is an enormous disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 696,042 per year while the poor average 13,561, a ratio of 51.3 to 1.
Looting and pillaging are now considered vital intelligence-gathering activities, several citizens have complained about scientists abducting their pets for experimentation, soldiers who shoot themselves in the foot are regarded as heroes, and the nation's ambassadors often conduct their business in jail cells. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive, probably because of the absence of a police force. Suomers's national animal is the eagle, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Suomers was endorsed by The Federal Republic of Seanat.
- : Following new legislation in Suomers, the nation's ambassadors often conduct their business in jail cells.
- : Following new legislation in Suomers, soldiers who shoot themselves in the foot are regarded as heroes.
- : Following new legislation in Suomers, several citizens have complained about scientists abducting their pets for experimentation.
- : Following new legislation in Suomers, looting and pillaging are now considered vital intelligence-gathering activities.
- : Following new legislation in Suomers, the government extracts trade concessions from poor nations in exchange for humanitarian aid.
- : Suomers voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Gay Panic defense Ban".
- : Following new legislation in Suomers, 4-year-olds are often found reminiscing about the 'good old days'.
- : Following new legislation in Suomers, the new iVote app allows representatives to vote on legislation by launching ill-tempered birds and matching candies.
- : Following new legislation in Suomers, prisoners can't do number twos without their "toilet buddy" present.
Endorsements Received: 168 » Lulubellia, The Tampa Bay Rays, Hardscrabble, Aerilia, Koda-Land, The Rhein States, Orado, Svenskskit, Bankowiata, Notyoutopia, Great Bights Mum, Omnistria, Illusia and Neverendia, Dabarastan, Slyakanya, Yaorozu, Nalver And, Ethnon, Maratabat, Republica Guilleana, Kragsgale, Valentine Z, Hyphen, Hamerica, Guer Aike, Interdimensional Zone, Shibutani, Landestian, Zzozona, Zyvetskistaahn, Dreadton, Patrician, Keurig Machines, Former English Colony, Runeda, Corfad, Eri-Maqa-Ena, Siwale, Selfgradatude, Bharathvarsh, New Lakemba, Territorio di Nessuno, The Democratic Kingdom Of Skaraborg, Libertania Democratica, Star Kingdom, Kocherian, Empy, Kazoo Basin, Pytong, Sundred, and 118 others.Xentherida, North Bratislava, Pallaith, Cretox State, Navsland, Sikol, The Pantheons, Wilkshire, El Fiji Grande, Planes, Nodnarb, Sunto, Climeria, Dar es Saalam, Imperial Pieserged, 1 very fast endotarter, Fauzjhia, WeKnow, Yokciq Empire, Port Naga, The Endless Eventide, Sevinland, Loutsland, Darkmondoria, The Serdey Islands, Kranostav, Seijitsu, Blyskalia, Madjack, Muqatil, Ravendi, Draconian Progression, East Akra, His Enduring Majesty, Moneyflows, Pasargad, Wineclaw, Frances Francis the First of France, Shadowrik, The Mazur Empire, Sil Dorsett, Seenvorland, Galbadiana, Votak Matim, The AnCap Pirate Utopia, Simone Republic, Sachi, KhalChicken, Daiz, Shinjuku tokyo 0, Colfes, Andexia, Wisconsota, Strongwill, McMasterdonia, Testnation223, Xipher, Barabolia, Moubarakistan, Zemnaya Svoboda, Crusadam, Chips and Guac, Texanz, Otakus and Weebs, Valgarda, Vesteysia, Venicea, Odelinor, Greater Afroeurasia, Clan Spaniel, Kromi, Francois Isidore, Travislavania, Figyjharli, Svenskan, Free Salvation, Minich, Maott, Heilhum Imperius, Sanjurika, Wapistan, Trumpski, Ice and Tinian, The Ultimate Republic, Duryanistan, Dangine, Aryan Homeland, Questann, Lol2639, Siforpeo, Shotokonia, Servilis, Xagill, Yellops, Tyirza, Super Girl, Holy Oranz, BTProductions, Alorca, Xyrron, Fraystonia, Uzbek Khan, Mon Island, Steampunk Ariel, Baba Zace, My chest is flat, Alexander the Magnus, Korean-Joseon, New Celoveniortan, Viridiann, Cajland, ForestMythal, Godwanna, Religioncord, Centrialand, Siberian Workforce, Britle, and Seanat.