The Dictatorship of Strawmanopolis is a massive, safe nation, notable for its punitive income tax rates, restrictive gun laws, and stringent health and safety legislation. The cynical population of 4.73 billion Strawmanopolisians are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."
The enormous, moralistic, socially-minded, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defense, and Healthcare. The average income tax rate is 57.5%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but stagnant Strawmanopolisian economy, worth 31.2 trillion Minoan tala a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, quite specialized black market in Information Technology, Uranium Mining, Trout Farming, and Pizza Delivery. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 6,594 Minoan tala, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The tenet of free speech is held dear, organ donation is compulsory, everyone apparently sends Leader hair-filled lockets, offers to die heroically, and poetic desires to co-parent a child, and Strawmanopolis has designated Strawmanopolis City as its capital city. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Strawmanopolis's national animal is the little owl.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Strawmanopolis's influence in Dystopia rose from "Hegemony" to "Hermit".
- : Strawmanopolis's influence in Dystopia fell from "Hermit" to "Hegemony".
- : Strawmanopolis relocated from The Rejected Realms to Dystopia.
- : Strawmanopolis relocated from Blepia to The Rejected Realms.
- : Strawmanopolis was ejected and banned from Blepia by Jewtown 347.
- : Strawmanopolis relocated from Dystopia to Blepia.
- : Strawmanopolis was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Extreme.
- : Following new legislation in Strawmanopolis, Strawmanopolis has designated Strawmanopolis City as its capital city.
- : Strawmanopolis was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Unexpected Death Rate.
- : Strawmanopolis's influence in Dystopia rose from "Superpower" to "Hermit".