The Isolationist Republic of Socialist Macronesia is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by John Ross with an iron fist, and remarkable for its compulsory vegetarianism, complete lack of prisons, and ritual sacrifices. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless population of 1.531 billion Socialist Macronesians are proud of their wide-ranging civil freedoms, and those who aren't tend to be dragged off the streets by men in dark suits and hustled into cars with tinted windows.
The medium-sized, corrupt, liberal government is primarily concerned with Defense, although Education, Administration, and Law & Order are also considered important, while Spirituality receives no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Fort Ross. The average income tax rate is 78.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Socialist Macronesian economy, worth 295 trillion Macronesian dollars a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is an enormous, deeply entrenched, broadly diversified black market in Arms Manufacturing, Information Technology, and Uranium Mining. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an impressive 192,707 Macronesian dollars, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Genocide is seen as a topic best avoided in history lessons, Brown Sugar 101 is a popular course at community colleges, wildlife near farms is slowly becoming extinct, and absentminded citizens frequently converse with hallucinations. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Socialist Macronesia's national animal is the rooster, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Socialist Macronesia, absentminded citizens frequently converse with hallucinations.
- : Socialist Macronesia published "Ross." (Factbook: Trivia).
- : Socialist Macronesia altered its national flag.
- : Socialist Macronesia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Kuriko".
- : Socialist Macronesia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "World Assembly Trade Rights"".
- : Socialist Macronesia was endorsed by The Great Nation of Golexald.
- : Socialist Macronesia published "I Rank Every F7 Movie" (Meta: Reference).
- : Socialist Macronesia was endorsed by The Blue Dreamer of Chimes.
- : Socialist Macronesia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Drug Use.
- : Following new legislation in Socialist Macronesia, wildlife near farms is slowly becoming extinct.
Endorsements Received: 19 » Panormia, Zerentopia, Emeseses, Thus Sprach Zarathustra, Greater Cesnica, Razorback, Nation of Urie, Aandruzognivia, Islamic Republic e Jariri, Thuringia Reich, Aqueira, Black Hawk Raider Refugees, A Leaf on the Wind, United Libor Lefunkistan, Makdon, Ulslur, Kaiserreich Subreddit, Florin, and Golexald.