The Holy Empire of Sir Oshawott is a tiny, genial nation, notable for its compulsory vegetarianism, punitive income tax rates, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic, devout population of 14 million Oshawattians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The large, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Spirituality, and Healthcare. The average income tax rate is 59.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The weak Shwottan economy, worth 439 billion coins a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is fairly diversified, is led by the Automobile Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Uranium Mining, and Tourism. Average income is 31,406 coins, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Vegetarianism is compulsory, euthanasia is illegal, gambling is outlawed, and all major public areas are watched by police surveillance cameras. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Sir Oshawott's national animal is the wolf.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Sir Oshawott's influence in BLITZKRIEG rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Sir Oshawott's influence in BLITZKRIEG rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Sir Oshawott's influence in BLITZKRIEG rose from "Zero" to "Nipper".
- : Sir Oshawott relocated from First World Order to BLITZKRIEG.
- : Sir Oshawott's influence in First World Order rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Sir Oshawott's influence in First World Order rose from "Zero" to "Sprat".
- : Sir Oshawott relocated from Grand Peppian Commonwealth to First World Order.
- : Sir Oshawott relocated from The North Pacific to Grand Peppian Commonwealth.
- : Sir Oshawott's influence in The North Pacific rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Sir Oshawott was banned from Institute of Cellulose by The Kingdom and the Church of Orange Creek.