The Columbus Republic of Shrestha is a colossal, efficient nation, ruled by Unknown with an iron fist, and remarkable for its compulsory military service, otherworldly petting zoo, and unlimited-speed roads. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 6.442 billion Shresthas are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The relatively small, corrupt, well-organized government prioritizes Defense, although Law & Order, Education, and Healthcare are also considered important, while Spirituality and International Aid aren't funded at all. The average income tax rate is 32.6%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Shresthas economy, worth 784 trillion Us Dollars a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Tourism, and Beef-Based Agriculture. Black market activity is notable. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 121,813 Us Dollars, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Signs at the border tell international drivers where they can put their cars, stores employing more than 100 employees are required to be at least twenty miles from any competitor, 4-year-olds are often found reminiscing about the 'good old days', and peace talks occasionally rack up a higher body count than the wars they seek to stop. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Shrestha's national animal is the Anything and its national religion is None.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Shrestha's influence in Balder rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Shrestha's influence in Balder rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Shrestha's influence in Balder rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Shrestha's influence in Balder rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Shrestha was refounded in Balder.
- : Shrestha ceased to exist in Soviet Democracy.
- : Shrestha resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Shrestha published "War Mechanic Proposal (WIP)" (Meta: Gameplay).
- : Shrestha's influence in Soviet Democracy rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : Shrestha published "we" (Meta: Reference).