The Queendom of Saint Songbird is a huge, safe nation, notable for its burgeoning lark population. The hard-working, democratic, devout population of 695 million Saint Songbirdians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The medium-sized government is dominated by the Department of Spirituality, although Welfare, Law & Order, and Education are also considered important. The average income tax rate is 36.5%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The Saint Songbirdian economy, worth 31.7 trillion holy dollars a year, is led by the Furniture Restoration industry, with major contributions from Basket Weaving, Woodchip Exports, and Soda Sales. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 45,589 holy dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.2 times as much as the poorest.
Crossbow bolts fill the skies if so much as a sparrow flies overhead, all beauty contests have been banned, panels from bankrupt rooftop solar companies are used as props for sci-fi B-movies, and government reports are now used to teach toddlers to read. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Saint Songbird's national animal is the lark, which can occasionally be seen dodging aircraft in the nation's cities.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Saint Songbird resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Saint Songbird's influence in The South Pacific rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Saint Songbird was endorsed by The Springtime Beauty of Land Without Shrimp.
- : Saint Songbird was endorsed by The Divine Owl of Aidenfieeld.
- : Saint Songbird was endorsed by The Propaganda Lord of Farengeto.
- : Saint Songbird was endorsed by The Federal Republic of US of-A.
- : Saint Songbird was endorsed by The Weebs of Wehraboos.
- : Saint Songbird was endorsed by The Dictatorship of Westenhald.
- : Saint Songbird was endorsed by The Republic of Kaleidescooptopia.
- : Saint Songbird was endorsed by The Free Land of Crystal Creation.