The Most curious observations observed observedly by the observing observers curiously have now observed this nation is now the Modly Curious Observations of Roavin is a gargantuan, genial nation, ruled by Jonathan Relean with an even hand, and renowned for its complete lack of prisons, irreverence towards religion, and restrictive gun laws. The compassionate, democratic population of 14.179 billion Roavinians enjoy extensive civil rights and enjoy a level of social equality free from the usual accompanying government corruption.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Namartis. The average income tax rate is 83.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The strong Roavinian economy, worth a remarkable 1,262 trillion Johtirs a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Furniture Restoration. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 89,071 Johtirs, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Posters on 'Roavinian Values' advise against being proud of Roavin, the government has spent days debating the merits of a petition calling for a ban on sporks, mystics are claiming that a simultaneous rise in scepticism and education budgets is correlation rather than causation, and attempts to inform people about their unclaimed property are often mistaken for telephone scams. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Roavin's national animal is the Left-Handed Chicken, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Roavin was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Food Quality and Most Cheerful Citizens and the Top 10% for Most Cultured.
- : Roavin was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Healthiest Citizens.
- : Roavin published "Test Dispatch" (Meta: Reference).
- : Following new legislation in Roavin, attempts to inform people about their unclaimed property are often mistaken for telephone scams.
- : Roavin was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Food Quality and the Top 10% for Most Cultured.
- : Roavin's influence in The South Pacific rose from "Zero" to "Minnow".
- : Roavin relocated from The Rejected Realms to The South Pacific.
- : Roavin was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Healthiest Citizens and Most Cheerful Citizens.
- : Roavin's influence in The Rejected Realms rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Roavin's influence in The Rejected Realms rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".