|Currency||Eight Reales Piece|
The Free Land of Port Myreal is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, remarkable for its deadly medical pandemics, irreverence towards religion, and absence of drug laws. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, cheerful population of 20.215 billion Port Myrelians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The relatively small, liberal, outspoken government is effectively ruled by the Department of Education, with Environment, Industry, and Healthcare also on the agenda, while Law & Order and Spirituality receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Port Town. The average income tax rate is 35.0%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Port Myrelian economy, worth a remarkable 5,088 trillion Eight Reales Pieces a year, is quite specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Tourism, and Retail. Black market activity is rampant. Average income is an amazing 251,723 Eight Reales Pieces, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Birth rates have hit an all-time low, intellectual snobbery has the cognoscenti sneering at anyone who doesn't have an opinion on the semiological drift of Umberto Eco's works, brain injury is seen as a desirable outcome rather than a side effect of contact sports, and teenagers are told they're not thinking about sex enough. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. Port Myreal's national animal is the Kraken, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Port Myreal voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Quebecshire".
- : Port Myreal voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Protecting Convicted Voters".
- : Port Myreal voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Protecting Native Prairies and Grasslands".
- : Port Myreal voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Ellenburg".
- : Port Myreal was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Highest Disposable Incomes.
- : Port Myreal voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Citizenship And Birth Act".
- : Port Myreal voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "On Abortion"".
- : Port Myreal was endorsed by The Empire of BiBi.
- : Port Myreal voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Kelssek".
- : Port Myreal voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Freedom Of Association".