|Leader||Carl Gustav Fleischer|
The Royal Labour State of Ofoten is a colossal, safe nation, ruled by Carl Gustav Fleischer with an even hand, and renowned for its unlimited-speed roads, anti-smoking policies, and keen interest in outer space. The hard-nosed, democratic population of 9.774 billion Narvikings have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Education, Defense, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Narvik. The average income tax rate is 95.1%.
The frighteningly efficient Ofotenian economy, worth a remarkable 1,660 trillion kroners a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Tourism, and Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 169,851 kroners, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The Ofoten Automotive Racing Series draws millions of spectators annually while those near the tracks complain about the noise, clergy who start talking about politics are forced to take a holy vow of silence, children must be board certified to append "Jr" to their name, and Ofoten isn't what it used to be. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Ofoten's national animal is the wolverine, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is The Proletariat.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Ofoten, Ofoten isn't what it used to be.
- : Following new legislation in Ofoten, children must be board certified to append "Jr" to their name.
- : Following new legislation in Ofoten, clergy who start talking about politics are forced to take a holy vow of silence.
- : Following new legislation in Ofoten, the Ofoten Automotive Racing Series draws millions of spectators annually while those near the tracks complain about the noise.
- : Following new legislation in Ofoten, class clowns are frequently listed among the most dangerous criminals in the nation.
- : Ofoten voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Blood Donation Safety and Equality Act".
- : Ofoten was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Rudest Citizens.
- : Ofoten's influence in The Land of Kings and Emperors rose from "Handshaker" to "Duckspeaker".
- : Ofoten endorsed The Almighty Allirian Kingdom of Allistair Union.
- : Ofoten endorsed The Serene Empire of Afaenvia.
Endorsements Received: 17 » Enggano, Nulkia, Socialist Xlyvania, Ordicius, N7eternia, Francomia, Rusozak, Frolacia, Mixacruza, Land of the Nobles, Euraziea, Conakria, Dear Old Uncle Sam, Prosperlands, United States of Schreiberwan, Romparti, and Afaenvia.