The Kingdom of Noyistain is a small, orderly nation, notable for its compulsory military service, triple-decker prams, and suspicion of poets. The compassionate, hard-working, cynical population of 36 million Noyistainians are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The relatively small government juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Healthcare, and Law & Order. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 9.9%.
The Noyistainian economy, worth 1.88 trillion Noyistainish Jewels a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Trout Farming industry, with major contributions from Beef-Based Agriculture, Uranium Mining, and Arms Manufacturing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 52,132 Noyistainish Jewels, with the richest citizens earning 6.8 times as much as the poorest.
Employers may fire workers without giving any reason, the government is spending millions on renovating the public transportation system, student athletes gaze forlornly at abandoned dragonball fields, and parents tell their children 'what a lovely mistake you turned out to be'. Crime is moderate, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Noyistain's national animal is the dragon, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Noyistain, parents tell their children 'what a lovely mistake you turned out to be'.
- : Following new legislation in Noyistain, student athletes gaze forlornly at abandoned dragonball fields.
- : Following new legislation in Noyistain, the government is spending millions on renovating the public transportation system.
- : Following new legislation in Noyistain, employers may fire workers without giving any reason.
- : Following new legislation in Noyistain, political parties are banned from advertising and receiving private donations.
- : Noyistain was reclassified from "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy" to "Father Knows Best State".
- : Noyistain voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Northern Borland".
- : Noyistain voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Reducing Disease Vectors".
- : Noyistain's influence in Thegye rose from "Apprentice" to "Vassal".
- : Noyistain published "Noyistain RP" (Meta: Reference).