The Clan of Nova Cat is a colossal, safe nation, remarkable for its compulsory military service. The cynical, devout population of 9.588 billion Nova Cats are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The medium-sized, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Spirituality, Law & Order, and Welfare. The average income tax rate is 36.1%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The Nova Cat economy, worth 405 trillion kerenskies a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Trout Farming, Cheese Exports, and Tourism. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 42,330 kerenskies, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.8 times as much as the poorest.
The Foreign Ministry thinks an eye for an eye is a blindingly good idea, a new generation of aquariumless hotels are being built under government supervision, a major religion has been named as Nova Cat's national religion, and Leader has just been declared ruler of Nova Cat in an international press conference. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Nova Cat's national animal is the nova cat, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Nova Cat agreed to construct embassies between Dixie and The Reunited Resistance Against Liberals.
- : Nova Cat lodged a message on the Dixie Regional Message Board.
- : Nova Cat suppressed a post on the Dixie Regional Message Board.
- : Nova Cat banned The Federal Republic of Gen Sherman from Dixie.
- : Nova Cat ejected and banned The Armed Republic of Black Men from Dixie.
- : Nova Cat agreed to construct embassies between Dixie and Southern Confederacy.
- : The Confederate States of Dixie appointed Nova Cat as Postmaster-General with authority over Border Control, Communications, Embassies, and Polls in Dixie.
- : Nova Cat was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Stationary.
- : Nova Cat's influence in Dixie rose from "Envoy" to "Diplomat".
- : Nova Cat was ravaged by a Zombie Thing Horde from The American Empire of Confederation the South, infecting 1 million survivors and converting to a zombie exporter! Oh no!