The United we can't survive of Nister is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by locking with an iron fist, and renowned for its multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, ritual sacrifices, and compulsory vegetarianism. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless, devout population of 2.338 billion Nisterians are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The medium-sized, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Education, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of ending. The average income tax rate is 43.9%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Nisterian economy, worth 291 trillion nomes a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Retail, Soda Sales, and Information Technology. Black market activity is rampant. Average income is an impressive 124,518 nomes, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.7 times as much as the poorest.
The police double as repo men, appendix transplant figures have recently doubled, citizens wishing to be parents must undertake a series of gruelling tests to evaluate their capabilities, and the state funds the recreational drug habits of every citizen. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Nister's national animal is the bedrockian, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is acrobatic nister.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Nister was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Subsidized Industry.
- : Nister lodged a message on the Arconian Empire Regional Message Board.
- : Following new legislation in Nister, the state funds the recreational drug habits of every citizen.
- : Nister was reclassified from "Iron Fist Consumerists" to "Father Knows Best State".
- : Nister proposed constructing embassies between Empire Overlords and Institute of Cellulose.
- : Nister proposed constructing embassies between Empire Overlords and Isle Of Wooloo Kingdom.
- : Nister was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Efficient Economies.
- : Following new legislation in Nister, citizens wishing to be parents must undertake a series of gruelling tests to evaluate their capabilities.
- : Nister agreed to construct embassies between Empire Overlords and Unieae.
- : Nister was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Valuable International Artwork.