The Theocracy of Maenelan is a huge, efficient nation, notable for its barren, inhospitable landscape, frequent executions, and keen interest in outer space. The hard-working, democratic population of 732 million Maenelanians are effectively ruled by a group of massive corporations, who run for political office and provide their well-off citizens with world-class goods and services. Their poorer citizens, however, are mostly starving to death while being urged to go out and get real jobs. The populace has reasonably extensive civil rights, although these are mostly aimed at allowing them to buy whatever they like.
The medium-sized, pro-business, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Defense. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 18.7%.
The very strong Maenelanian economy, worth 35.8 trillion marks a year, is led by the Uranium Mining industry, with major contributions from Cheese Exports, Automobile Manufacturing, and Book Publishing. Average income is 48,889 marks, with the richest citizens earning 6.7 times as much as the poorest.
Former school buses now regularly shuttle kids to the nearest shopping centers to work, mystics are claiming that a simultaneous rise in scepticism and education budgets is correlation rather than causation, the recently unemployed can often be seen at the local homeless shelter, and Maenelan's free colleges struggle to maintain standards in the face of overwhelming demand. Crime is moderate, probably because of the absence of a police force. Maenelan's national animal is the dragon, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The Constitutional Monarchy of Second Empire of China dismissed Maenelan as Lone Wolves United of Confederacy of PB Nations.
- : Maenelan was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Politically Free.
- : Maenelan's influence in The Rejected Realms rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Maenelan's influence in The Rejected Realms rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Maenelan relocated from Alnobia to The Rejected Realms.
- : Maenelan was ejected and banned from Alnobia by The Federated Flying Saucers of Pangurstan.
- : The Rather Inactive of Hfhbsd dismissed Maenelan as Lone Wolves United of Alnobia.
- : Maenelan's influence in Alnobia fell from "Handshaker" to "Truckler".
- : Maenelan resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Maenelan's influence in Alnobia rose from "Truckler" to "Handshaker".