|Leader||Emperor James Gravidia|
|Faith||Church Of The Commonwealth|
The Imperial State of Long Gravida is a colossal, efficient nation, ruled by Emperor James Gravidia with a fair hand, and remarkable for its multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, punitive income tax rates, and stringent health and safety legislation. The hard-nosed, democratic population of 6.484 billion Gravidians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Gravis. The average income tax rate is 52.3%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Gravidian economy, worth 351 trillion Gravidian Pounds a year, is quite specialized and dominated by the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Basket Weaving, Automobile Manufacturing, and Information Technology. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 54,235 Gravidian Pounds, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The government snoops on private internet connections, guns are banned, Church Of The Commonwealth has been named as Long Gravida's national religion, and Emperor James Gravidia has just been declared ruler of Long Gravida in an international press conference. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Long Gravida's national animal is the Eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Church Of The Commonwealth.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Long Gravida's influence in Mirror World rose from "Truckler" to "Handshaker".
- : Long Gravida published "The Imperial State Of Gravida(WIP)" (Factbook: Overview).
- : Long Gravida's influence in Mirror World rose from "Vassal" to "Truckler".
- : Long Gravida's influence in Mirror World rose from "Apprentice" to "Vassal".
- : Long Gravida's influence in Mirror World rose from "Squire" to "Apprentice".
- : Long Gravida was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Subsidized Industry.
- : Long Gravida published "Bosporus Straights Laws" (Factbook: Politics).
- : Long Gravida's influence in Mirror World rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : Long Gravida changed its national animal to "Eagle".
- : Long Gravida altered its national flag.
Endorsements Received: None.