The Colony of Lesser Adrastus is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Andrew Stinson with an even hand, and notable for its daily referendums, devotion to social welfare, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate population of 5.063 billion Lesser Adrastusians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The medium-sized, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Defense, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Nervasa. The average income tax rate is 55.8%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The large but inefficient Lesser Adrastusian economy, worth 290 trillion Rushanas a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is fairly diversified, is led by the Trout Farming industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Information Technology, and Basket Weaving. Average income is 57,310 Rushanas, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
In life full of care there is no time to stop and stare, all telephone traffic is monitored for 'national security reasons', children are disappointed to learn that cavemen never had a yabba-dabba-doo time riding dinosaurs to work, and citizens are allowed to rise or fall based on their own merits. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Lesser Adrastus's national animal is the Swordfish, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Lesser Adrastus was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Compassionate Citizens.
- : Lesser Adrastus was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Nicest Citizens and Most Cheerful Citizens.
- : Lesser Adrastus's influence in Equilism rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Lesser Adrastus was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Survivors.
- : The Protectorate of Equility dismissed Lesser Adrastus as The Mayor of Equilism.
- : Lesser Adrastus lodged a message on the Equilism Regional Message Board.
- : Lesser Adrastus was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Secular.
- : Lesser Adrastus's influence in Equilism rose from "Zero" to "Sprat".
- : Lesser Adrastus altered its national flag.
- : Lesser Adrastus relocated from Lazarus to Equilism.