|Leader||President Nicolas Furia|
The Catholic Republic of Langenia is a massive, orderly nation, ruled by President Nicolas Furia with an iron fist, and remarkable for its avowedly heterosexual populace, suspicion of poets, and stringent health and safety legislation. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless, devout population of 2.223 billion Langenians are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."
The large, corrupt, moralistic, well-organized government prioritizes Defense, with Law & Order, Administration, and Industry also on the agenda, while Social Policy and Welfare receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Aragon. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 73.6%.
The frighteningly efficient Langenian economy, worth 412 trillion pesos a year, is mostly comprised of black market activity, especially in Arms Manufacturing, Woodchip Exports, Uranium Mining, and Beef-Based Agriculture. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 185,426 pesos, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 567,304 per year while the poor average 46,946, a ratio of 12.1 to 1.
An enormous health awareness programme is underway, historical commemorations regularly devolve into militaristic jingoism, search and rescue forces now accept cheques and all major credit cards, and advert breaks are played at lower volumes to make them easier to ignore. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Langenia's national animal is the Imperial eagle, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution, and its national religion is Roman Catholicism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Langenia, advert breaks are played at lower volumes to make them easier to ignore.
- : Langenia lodged a message on the International Strategic Alliance Regional Message Board.
- : Following new legislation in Langenia, search and rescue forces now accept cheques and all major credit cards.
- : Following new legislation in Langenia, historical commemorations regularly devolve into militaristic jingoism.
- : Langenia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Ellenburg".
- : Langenia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Protecting Native Prairies and Grasslands".
- : Langenia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Average Tax Rates.
- : Following new legislation in Langenia, an enormous health awareness programme is underway.
- : Following new legislation in Langenia, Dogman-branded weapons are all the rage in the militaristic comic-book community.
- : Langenia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Regulation on the Integrity of Genetic Data".
Endorsements Received: 1 » Romextly.