The Great Kingdom of Ladonian Empire is a colossal, safe nation, ruled by Emmerich Metzger with an iron fist, and notable for its closed borders, triple-decker prams, and frequent executions. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, devout population of 8.162 billion Ladonians are ruled with an iron fist by the corrupt, dictatorship government, which oppresses anyone who isn't on the board of a Fortune 500 company. Large corporations tend to be above the law, and use their financial clout to gain ever-increasing government benefits at the expense of the poor and unemployed.
The relatively small, corrupt, moralistic, pro-business, well-organized government prioritizes Defense, although Law & Order is also considered important, while Welfare and Environment receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Aralndsand. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 9.5%.
The powerhouse Ladonian economy, worth 909 trillion Laraks a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Uranium Mining industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Retail, and Gambling. Average income is an impressive 111,380 Laraks, but there is an enormous disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 660,581 per year while the poor average 8,644, a ratio of 76.4 to 1.
The Ladonian war navy contains an oddly large number of luxury yachts and cruise liners, immigrant herding has become a national pastime, the state has declared war on the environment and environmentalists by association, and citizens must pay to enjoy Ladonian Empire's pristine beaches. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force. Ladonian Empire's national animal is the Eagle, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Lanati.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Ladonian Empire altered its national flag.
- : Ladonian Empire's influence in The Hole To Hide In rose from "Hatchling" to "Squire".
- : Ladonian Empire relocated from Balder to The Hole To Hide In.
- : Ladonian Empire was refounded in Balder.
- : Ladonian Empire ceased to exist in The Hole To Hide In.
- : Ladonian Empire was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Average Incomes.
- : Ladonian Empire was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Insurance Industry.
- : Ladonian Empire was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Corrupt Governments and the Top 10% for Largest Arms Manufacturing Sector and Largest Black Market.
- : Ladonian Empire was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens.
- : Ladonian Empire was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Retail Industry.