The United Kingdom of Hound XI is a massive, pleasant nation, notable for its barren, inhospitable landscape and enslaved workforce. The hard-nosed, hard-working population of 1.685 billion Hound XIians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Healthcare, and Administration. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 17.5%.
The strong Hound XIian economy, worth 92.2 trillion Yafs a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Uranium Mining, and Furniture Restoration. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 54,742 Yafs, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 201,066 per year while the poor average 10,543, a ratio of 19.1 to 1.
Pilots always remember to send their doctors a Maxxmas card, the new one Yaf coin also makes a handy throwing-star, the government raises tariffs on a weekly basis, and funeral directors are frequently looking at their watches during funerals. Crime is moderate. Hound XI's national animal is the Hound, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Hound XI's influence in Artificial Solar System rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Hound XI's influence in Artificial Solar System rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Hound XI's influence in Artificial Solar System rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Hound XI resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Hound XI's influence in Artificial Solar System rose from "Zero" to "Hatchling".
- : Hound XI was endorsed by The Queendom of Starlight Glimmer 224.
- : Hound XI was admitted to the World Assembly.
- : Hound XI applied to join the World Assembly.
- : Hound XI relocated from Armies of Sweets to Artificial Solar System.
- : Following new legislation in Hound XI, funeral directors are frequently looking at their watches during funerals.