The Republic of Galting is a massive, safe nation, renowned for its suspicion of poets. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 4.658 billion Galtingians are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The medium-sized, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Law & Order. The average income tax rate is 21.6%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The large but inefficient Galtingian economy, worth 175 trillion Rubles a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Cheese Exports industry, with major contributions from Pizza Delivery, Soda Sales, and Gambling. Black market activity is notable. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 37,757 Rubles, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.6 times as much as the poorest.
Protestors are soaking piles of Rubles in blood to make a point about government incomes, a dictator has seized power and outlawed elections, euthanasia is illegal, and kids are arrested at gunpoint for playing with toy rifles. Crime is relatively low, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Galting's national animal is the Elephant.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Galting was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Pizza Delivery Sector.
- : Galting was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Pacifist.
- : Galting's influence in The East Pacific rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Galting's influence in The East Pacific rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Galting's influence in The East Pacific rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Galting's influence in The East Pacific rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Following new legislation in Galting, kids are arrested at gunpoint for playing with toy rifles.
- : Following new legislation in Galting, euthanasia is illegal.
- : Following new legislation in Galting, a dictator has seized power and outlawed elections.
- : Galting was reclassified from "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy" to "Father Knows Best State".