|Leader||Irish Republican Army|
The Deactivated Republic of Frostland is a colossal, genial nation, ruled by Irish Republican Army with an even hand, and remarkable for its rum-swilling pirates, daily referendums, and sprawling nuclear power plants. The compassionate, hard-working population of 5.215 billion Frostlanders have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The large, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Pentapolitania. The average income tax rate is 88.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Frostlandic economy, worth 736 trillion Frostens a year, is led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Trout Farming, Tourism, and Furniture Restoration. Black market activity is rampant. Average income is an impressive 141,174 Frostens, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.4 times as much as the poorest.
A bureaucratic fight over FIA cafeteria food expenditures has caused the temporary suspension of all agency counterintelligence operations, foreign spirits are hard to find due to an abundance of "Cletus and Jim Bob's Homemade Frostlandic Moonshine", apprentice builders get teased for wearing hard hats, and popular political cartoonists are thrown in jail for inciting dissent. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Frostland's national animal is the Arctic Fox, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Catholicism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Frostland appointed The Republic of Yoyleland as Research Officer with authority over Polls in Cities of the World.
- : Frostland appointed The Community of Bopatog as Diplomacy Officer with authority over Embassies in Cities of the World.
- : Frostland's influence in Cities of the World rose from "Instigator" to "Enforcer".
- : Frostland's influence in Cities of the World rose from "Contender" to "Instigator".
- : Frostland's influence in Cities of the World rose from "Negotiator" to "Contender".
- : Frostland added the tag "Puppet Storage" to Cities of the World.
- : Frostland granted posting privileges on the Cities of the World Regional Message Board to nations in embassy regions.
- : Frostland updated the World Factbook entry in Cities of the World.
- : Frostland appointed The United City of NYC City as Security Officer with authority over Border Control in Cities of the World.
- : Following new legislation in Frostland, popular political cartoonists are thrown in jail for inciting dissent.