The Republic of Evergreen5 is a huge, safe nation, renowned for its state-planned economy, devotion to social welfare, and stringent health and safety legislation. The democratic, devout population of 460 million Evergreen5ians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, socially-minded, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Spirituality, and Education. The average income tax rate is 70.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but stagnant Evergreen5ian economy, worth 6.12 trillion dollars a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is led by the Trout Farming industry, with significant contributions from Woodchip Exports, Information Technology, and Soda Sales. Average income is 13,312 dollars, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Evergreen5's national animal is the penguin, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Evergreen5's influence in Birb rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : The Jingoistic States of Hound IV dismissed Evergreen5 as NP@ of Island of Dave.
- : Evergreen5 was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Least Corrupt Governments.
- : Evergreen5's influence in Birb rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Evergreen5's influence in Birb rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Evergreen5's influence in Birb rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Evergreen5's influence in Birb rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Evergreen5 relocated from Island of Dave to Birb.
- : Evergreen5 removed the tag "Invader" from Island of Dave.
- : Evergreen5 abolished the regional flag of Island of Dave.