The Oceanic Union of East Pacific States is a massive, safe nation, ruled by President Finor with an even hand, and notable for its daily referendums, keen interest in outer space, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, devout population of 2.082 billion Terrans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Law & Order, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Renora. The average income tax rate is 74.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Terran economy, worth 263 trillion Credits a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Arms Manufacturing, and Trout Farming. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 126,485 Credits, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Prison officers are bribed not to take bribes, advertisements read like science journal articles complete with extensive references, animated paperclips interrupt word processing to remind you they are just automated tip-tools, and bike rage is all the rage. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. East Pacific States's national animal is the Dog, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Finorism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : East Pacific States's influence in The East Pacific Alliance fell from "Hermit" to "Hegemony".
- : East Pacific States was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Advanced Law Enforcement and the Top 10% for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : East Pacific States appointed The People's Republic of Cermenistan as General Secretary with authority over Appearance, Communications, and Polls in The East Pacific Alliance.
- : Following new legislation in East Pacific States, bike rage is all the rage.
- : East Pacific States became WA Delegate of The East Pacific Alliance.
- : East Pacific States voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Macedon".
- : Following new legislation in East Pacific States, animated paperclips interrupt word processing to remind you they are just automated tip-tools.
- : Following new legislation in East Pacific States, advertisements read like science journal articles complete with extensive references.
- : East Pacific States was endorsed by The сщььгтшые уьзшку of Catamarine.
- : East Pacific States was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Nicest Citizens.
Endorsements Received: 1 » Catamarine.