The New Republic of Diche Choklate is a colossal, socially progressive nation, ruled by President Sneed with a fair hand, and remarkable for its compulsory military service, smutty television, and keen interest in outer space. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 5.188 billion Choklatians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The tiny, corrupt, liberal government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Industry, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Townsville. The average income tax rate is 5.0%.
The frighteningly efficient Choklatian economy, worth a remarkable 1,477 trillion Cashmarks a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Retail, and Soda Sales. Black market activity is extensive. Average income is an amazing 284,790 Cashmarks, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.1 times as much as the poorest.
Apprentice builders get teased for wearing hard hats, minorities play dumb to get more welfare payments, a third of Choklatians are e-certified CEOs, and it is typical to be greeted by a string of curse words in Choklatian restaurants. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive, probably because of the absence of a police force. Diche Choklate's national animal is the Alligator, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to heavy metals seepage into national waterways, and its national religion is Canoism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Diche Choklate was endorsed by The Sultanate of The Somalli Pirates.
- : Diche Choklate voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Fair Arbitration Act".
- : Diche Choklate's influence in Sonindia rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Diche Choklate was endorsed by The Kingdom of Estonia-Livonia.
- : Diche Choklate voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Australian rePublic".
- : Following new legislation in Diche Choklate, it is typical to be greeted by a string of curse words in Choklatian restaurants.
- : Following new legislation in Diche Choklate, a third of Choklatians are e-certified CEOs.
- : Diche Choklate's influence in Sonindia rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Following new legislation in Diche Choklate, minorities play dumb to get more welfare payments.
- : Following new legislation in Diche Choklate, apprentice builders get teased for wearing hard hats.