|Leader||President Yukimori Naoaki|
The Republic of Cydoni is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by President Yukimori Naoaki with an even hand, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls, frequent executions, and devotion to social welfare. The hard-nosed population of 4.326 billion Cydonians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked morass — juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Asayako. The average income tax rate is 81.5%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The thriving Cydonian economy, worth 281 trillion Cydonian Marks a year, is quite specialized and mostly made up of the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 64,999 Cydonian Marks, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Drug distribution is tightly controlled by the government, doctors prescribe medicines but they rarely dispense hope or compassion, whipping posts and lashes have been transferred to the Historical Museum of Cydonian Embarrassments, and sending sick politicians "Get Well Soon" cards is considered bribery. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Cydoni's national animal is the Phoenix, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Cydoni, sending sick politicians "Get Well Soon" cards is considered bribery.
- : Cydoni published "Armed Forces of the Kangsu Republic" (Factbook: Military).
- : Cydoni's influence in Thaecia rose from "Newcomer" to "Apprentice".
- : Cydoni relocated from Lazarus to Thaecia.
- : Cydoni was refounded in Lazarus.
- : Cydoni ceased to exist in Thaecia.
- : Cydoni endorsed The Kingdom of Brototh.
- : Cydoni was endorsed by Mars walker.
- : Cydoni was endorsed by The Kingdom of Miharr.
- : Cydoni was endorsed by Dykataar.