The Nihilistic Theocracy of Cosmic Unity Church is a huge, orderly nation, remarkable for its fear of technology, avowedly heterosexual populace, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, devout population of 666 million Cosmicolics are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The medium-sized, corrupt, moralistic, well-organized government prioritizes Defense, although Spirituality and Law & Order are also considered important, while Education and Healthcare aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Eden City. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 39.9%.
The thriving Cosmitolic economy, worth 69.1 trillion Rapture credits a year, is broadly diversified and dominated by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Woodchip Exports, Retail, and Gambling. Black market activity is rampant. Average income is an impressive 103,754 Rapture credits, but there is a large disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 467,944 per year while the poor average 14,166, a ratio of 33.0 to 1.
Contestants on 'Who Wants To Be A Millionheir?' have a 50:50 chance of humiliation, frequent fliers are obliged to submit to invasive security procedures by government security, only the brainiest citizens become academics, and the blood on the hands of Leader may not be metaphorical. Crime, especially youth-related, is well under control, thanks to a well-funded police force. Cosmic Unity Church's national animal is the Leviathan, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Cosmic Unity Church, the blood on the hands of Leader may not be metaphorical.
- : Cosmic Unity Church was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Soda Pop Sector and the Top 10% for Largest Black Market.
- : Cosmic Unity Church published "The Art of War of the Cosmic Church (PT)" (Factbook: Miscellaneous).
- : Cosmic Unity Church published "Culture and Religion of the Cosmic Church (PT)" (Factbook: Miscellaneous).
- : Following new legislation in Cosmic Unity Church, only the brainiest citizens become academics.
- : Cosmic Unity Church published "The Cosmic Unity Church| Overview (FT)" (Factbook: Overview).
- : Cosmic Unity Church published "Cosmic Church | The PT and Earthly version of the C.U.C" (Factbook: Miscellaneous).
- : Cosmic Unity Church published "Supreme Acolyte Uk'Ondra (FT)" (Factbook: Politics).
- : Cosmic Unity Church published "The Crusader Forces (FT)" (Factbook: Military).
- : Cosmic Unity Church changed its national nation type to "Nihilistic Theocracy".