The Community of Cenotaph is a gargantuan, efficient nation, notable for its museums and concert halls, otherworldly petting zoo, and smutty television. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 14.581 billion Cenotaphians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, socially-minded, outspoken morass — juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Cenodelphia. The average income tax rate is 99.1%.
The frighteningly efficient Cenotaphian economy, worth a remarkable 2,379 trillion C-Notes a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is mostly made up of the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing and Information Technology. Average income is an impressive 163,157 C-Notes, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Construction of the Really Big Hadron Collider is underway, it is believed that belligerence is a passing phase foreign leaders will soon outgrow, sales of disinfectant wipes have skyrocketed, and politicians "baring all" for the camera isn't always a figure of speech. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Cenotaph's national animal is the hermit crab, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Cenotaph endorsed The Socialist Directorate of Dindrenzi.
- : Cenotaph endorsed The Constitutional Monarchy of Sandybeach.
- : Cenotaph endorsed The Armed Republic of Ubu-Rex.
- : Cenotaph endorsed The Free Land of Port Myreal.
- : Cenotaph endorsed The Eastern Zhou Dynasty of King Zhaoxiang of Qin.
- : Cenotaph was endorsed by The Eastern Zhou Dynasty of King Zhaoxiang of Qin.
- : Cenotaph lost the endorsement of The Eastern Zhou Dynasty of King Zhaoxiang of Qin.
- : Cenotaph was endorsed by The Anthrostate of Korwin.
- : Cenotaph was endorsed by The Trans Rights of Frenchy Fry.
- : Cenotaph was endorsed by The Republic of East Skirsburg.
Endorsements Received: 15 » Mikeswill, Arithei, PortSky, The Double Wing, Sandybeach, Ionistan, Flaaklypa, Patria Augusta, Mandexia, Beanz, United Drafonstland, East Blepia, Dindrenzi, Korwin, and King Zhaoxiang of Qin.